Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Sep 14, 2006, 7:51 AM   #1

What do you guys think of a new in box 11-18MM for 375 plus 15 dollars shipping? I already purchased it but have the opportunity to back out of the deal. I probably won't have a warranty because I am purchasing third party and all I will have for a receipt is the Paypal Invoice. I'm not sure Sony will honor it, but then again I haven't heard of many problems with lenses. So in realty it is like buying a used lens with no wear and tear. Cameta is getting or at least attempting to get big bucks for this lens, over 600. Both the KM and the Tamron equivalent seem to be going for over 500 elswhere. Has anyone verified if the Tamron and KM are identical?
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2006, 2:49 PM   #2

I'd keep it, I paid around that a few months ago and like you found most places higher priced. It's a sweet lens and one of my most used.
mikekeyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 2:57 PM   #3

mikekeyw wrote:
Quote:
I'd keep it, I paid around that a few months ago and like you found most places higher priced. It's a sweet lens and one of my most used.
Yeah... I was lucky in this case. It is brand new, but I doubt Sony will warranty it if I have a problem since I am buying it from a private party. Someone was selling it foran ex-Minolta employees. According to the story Minolta employees were allowed to buy stock at super discounts when they went under.

Truthfully, I doubt I will have any trouble with it. Most of the KMs work or they don't. Of course there are exceptions. Someone here had a problem with a 28-75MM 2.8. I have the option of returning it if it arrives DOA. I finally got the wide end taken care of. No more searching.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote