Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 1, 2006, 8:21 PM   #1

Hello to all KM users!!

My name is Marco, I live in Mexico. I'm new in D-SLR world. From film I shifted to prosumer (Panasonic FZ-15 & FZ-30). I was happy enough with Panasonic's Optical Stabilizer & 12x zoom to keep me away from bulky and expensive stabilized SLR lenses.

I use to shoot panoramas and portraits (Fashion), but I also do a lot of theatre shoots (low ligth), so I decided to go fot KM because of the Anti-Shake feature. I bougth a KM 5D + 18-70 kit lens + Sigma APO 70-210 f2.8

I'm really surprised for the result I got from AS and High ISO settings.

I'll be now arround here to share experiences with you, and to learn from all you experts in D-SLR world.

Best Regards!!
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2006, 8:25 PM   #2
Administrator

We're glad to have you.

We have a relatively small and friendly group here. So, it's nice to have another KM user posting. If your shots look half as good from the 5D as some of the photos I've seen you post from the Panasonic, then they'll be very nice.

Congratulations and we hope to see you posting in this forum often.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:37 PM   #3

howzit!

enjoy your stay here. forum members are really cool and quick to help. they also really like to share about all the good deals that are to be had. looking forward to learning from you and seeing your pictures posted up here in the future!

~aloha~
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 1:22 PM   #4

For a second I read that as:

My name is Macro.....

Welcome to the orphanage

msantos wrote:
Quote:
Hello to all KM users!!

My name is Marco, I live in Mexico. I'm new in D-SLR world. From film I shifted to prosumer (Panasonic FZ-15 & FZ-30). I was happy enough with Panasonic's Optical Stabilizer & 12x zoom to keep me away from bulky and expensive stabilized SLR lenses.

I use to shoot panoramas and portraits (Fashion), but I also do a lot of theatre shoots (low ligth), so I decided to go fot KM because of the Anti-Shake feature. I bougth a KM 5D + 18-70 kit lens + Sigma APO 70-210 f2.8

I'll be now arround here to share experiences with you, and to learn from all you experts in D-SLR world.

Best Regards!!
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 2:32 PM   #5

msantos wrote:
Quote:
Hello to all KM users!!

Best Regards!!
Welcome.... the KM 5D is one hell of a camera. I too went KM when I up fromtheFZ30.I did not have it that long though I tried tohard to like that camera.It just did not meet my low light expectations. When the lighting was adequate, I did take some great shots.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:40 AM   #6

Thanks everybody for your response. I've made some test shoots and it seems I'll love this camera.
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 8:12 PM   #7

Good luck with the 5D..................:arrow:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote