Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 10, 2006, 1:57 PM   #11

Hi Jim,

Really I was 100% sure...that "NO more adapter from regular flash shoe to the specially Minolta ones was ever made, seems that I was NOT updated:?

Ok...now I really know that I need to add at least +2 at the "Flash Compensation" lever when ceiling bouncing (At home or any similarly place...like my home...of course), as I barely use the built in flash...such "setting'...can be leaved ever, at +2:!:
Maybe I make a mistake...now adding to my ample strobes collection another one...BUT...I like to see when the strobe is ready & that work..., something that with all my others from my collection don't do it

BTW...Here the Sigma representative told me that he has some big amount of these adaptors, so...if any other happy Minolta/Sony owners need for their "Third Part" strobes...can drop me a mail, & I will ask him exactly the price...:P

Attached a example today made with the Sigma bounced to the rear ceiling of my salon, I received for my Son living in London , this 'New" brand of SD memory card...I shoot it to be sent to my Son. First time that such size is sold for a mere (Here in Israel of course!) $:22.00. He own there a Nikon D-50.

Thank you Jim, for your "Speedy Gonzales" response

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 3:28 PM   #12
Administrator

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:

BTW...Here the Sigma representative told me that he has some big amount of these adaptors, so...if any other happy Minolta/Sony owners need for their "Third Part" strobes...can drop me a mail, & I will ask him exactly the price...:P
Search on Ebay for FS-1100 and you'll find it.

Ebay Search for FS-1100

A vendor in Hong Kong has them for $14.95 + Shipping ($5.00).

Here's one example (several are usually listed at any given time).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170037088756

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 1:22 AM   #13

Dear Jim,

Thank you for all the links...it's 100% exactly what I received!

With owning two...really don't needed more of those, the originally of course cost us twice...no:!:

Peace,

ALEX!:|

Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:51 AM   #14

Hi Jim,

The replay yo my "Underexposed" photos at bounce position from Sigma factory in Japan!

Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for your e-mail message and purchase of Sigma EF 500 Super
DG MA flashgun.
Please change the mode of your camera from ADI to FP when using bounce photography.

This would solve the problem.

Kind Regards,
Vuslat Tatar
Sigma Corporation, Head Office, Japan

Peace,

Old Oct 19, 2006, 6:55 PM   #15

Alex,

I have the minolta 7D and the Sigma EF500 SuperDG ADI. I have problems with overexposure and read the different comments all over the web.

I called Sigma in New York and they faxed me a page that says to put the Flash in the FP mode. No mention is made about changing the Camera's setting and no comment about only using this setting in the Bounce Mode ?? My understanding is that the Flash always needs to be in the FP mode when coupled with the 7D. I have not tried it yet.

Gary

gary 613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 1:41 AM   #16

Shalom Gary,

No...write me your serial number of your Sigma, maybe is more new that mine, that I ordered particularly from "Photo Spot" in Holon the sole representative of Sigma in our lovely Country:blah:

But...I check very well...& when you move the flash head from directly flash to bounce...the "FP" goes away in the back LCD display...& you will notice below at the left side a "Bounce" set figure...never mine you wrote...that your KM 7D/Sigma EF-500 DG super combination...OVEREXPOSE what I read & happens with me is the opposite/contrary...UNDEREXPOSE...

Now I learn that setting the "Flash" compensation lever behind the "Exposure' compensation knob, to +1.1/2 with my two units together & last 1.10e firmware...provide me, lovely well-lighted photos...so I need to do a minimum PP with my Picasa 2.5.0 Photo organizer!

BTW...my phone #: is 050-6595217

Peace,

ALEX!

Old Oct 20, 2006, 2:50 AM   #17

Shalom Alex.

Thanks for your quick response. I am not used to these types of problems (camera/flash issues). I will try various way combinations. Thanks for your suggestion. The sigma serial number is: 6018004.

I'll call. Thanks !

Shabbat Shalom,
Gary
Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:40 AM   #18

Hi Gary/Jim & all of you lover KM owners!

My last photo trying to learn how to develop my best possiblenesses with my last acquired Sigma EF-500 DG Super flash!

Amongst us seems to me that I will needed to research more or to a greater extent all the possible alternatives:P

Peace.

Attached Images

Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:23 AM   #19

Alex,

Looks Great. I've also been playing around with the same combination (7D & EF500 DG Super ADI).

My basic tests seem to show the following:

1) Without setting the flash to FP mode, the pictures are terribly over-exposed. Always set the Flash to FP mode.
2) FP mode doesn't work when bouncing the flash - or at any angle other than parallel to the camera's plane !
3) Do not change the camera's mode (I leave it at default; ADI mode)
4) I tried Alex's suggestion of giving a Flash compensation of +2 (in addition to setting the Flash to FP mode). Works great. Actually, using a Flash compensation of +1, +1.5, +2, etc. is probably dependent upon the scene and your taste, but found that I need to have the Combo of FP Mode AND "+ Flash compensation" to get correct flash exposures.

Suggestion: Tape a small piece of paper on the back of the flash reminding you set the Flash in FP mode. I know I will forget the next time & maybe lose a great shot.

Now I'm ready to take pictures.

Thanks to all. I hope this helps.
Gary
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:39 AM   #20

Good morning Gary,

You wrote me...
3) Do not change the camera's mode (I leave it at default; ADI mode)

NO...to my eruditeness...instead "ADI"...when you use the Sigma flash MUST be ALWAYS..."Pre-Flash TTL" setting. Essayed...will contribute to better results!:P

BTW...my today morning new photo! Be delighted!

Peace,

Attached Images