Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 3, 2006, 9:16 AM   #1

Does anyone know if you can use the VC-7D Vertical Control Grip on the Sony DSLR-A100?
sjs245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2006, 9:24 AM   #2
Administrator

No.

It's only designed to work on the 7D.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 9:26 AM   #3

sjs245 wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know if you can use the VC-7D Vertical Control Grip on the Sony DSLR-A100?
It is not designed to fit the A100 which is basically the same design as the 5D. The is an aftermarket place that shows a grip for the 5D that get posted once in awhile but I have never heard of someone who has used purchased one or used one. I don't remember where the link is but I have also seen it talked about over at Dyxum. I believe the manfacturerwebsite isin Japanese, but they have an English version. If I come across the link, I will post it, but someone will probably beatme to it.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:15 AM   #4

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
sjs245 wrote:
Quote:
It is not designed to fit the A100 which is basically the same design as the 5D. The is an aftermarket place that shows a grip for the 5D that get posted once in awhile but I have never heard of someone who has used purchased one or used one. I don't remember where the link is but I have also seen it talked about over at Dyxum. I believe the manfacturerwebsite isin Japanese, but they have an English version. If I come across the link, I will post it, but someone will probably beatme to it.

The grip was shown at Photokina, and should be available soon. http://www.ownuser.com.tw/e-FBH1.htm
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:09 PM   #5

cope wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
sjs245 wrote:
Quote:

The grip was shown at Photokina, and should be available soon. http://www.ownuser.com.tw/e-FBH1.htm
wow can't wait to try it on my 5D... since i'm in taiwan... i just hope i can find it
Gobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 5:50 AM   #6

I'm in Taiwan too but it's not in the stores yet, I've called and e-mailed the company, I've been in 20 stores looking for the grip, exactly (1) one knew what I was talking about but had no knowledge about the price. I got confirmed e-mail from the company that I can visit them any time after Photokina and I will just do that next week as the holidays are over.

They have a few other interesting accessories ...
belgian pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 7:06 AM   #7

I read on the DPR SonySLR forum that they are looking for a US distributor.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 8:15 AM   #8

Hey belgian pie, drop me ma message whn you found out where it is being sold...

belgian pie wrote:
Quote:
I'm in Taiwan too but it's not in the stores yet, I've called and e-mailed the company, I've been in 20 stores looking for the grip, exactly (1) one knew what I was talking about but had no knowledge about the price. I got confirmed e-mail from the company that I can visit them any time after Photokina and I will just do that next week as the holidays are over.

They have a few other interesting accessories ...
Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:01 AM   #9

Saw the the grip already at a local shop for the 5D.

Not bad actually, tested it also.

The fall back i felt are two wires running out from the vertical grip. one is for the DC power and the other is for the remote shutter.

Which aesthetically looks messy especially if you have the strap on. Looks like you have lots of cable/wire running up and down.
Also the wire running from the grip to the remote plug has a little problem (for me that is), the rubber cover of the remote wire seems to be obstructing the head to plug into the 5D completely.

The built is somewhat plasticky, maybe to make it lighter, but has the same rubber feel with the grip of the 5D, which feel good.

the price is around USD100.

Expect to reach in the market around two weeks time in full blast.... in taiwan that is.

Going to get mine next week... :|
Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:03 AM   #10

Oh! it also uses 2 NP-400 batteries.... will even if one is removed..