Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 9, 2006, 4:30 PM   #1
Administrator

I was going through some of the snapshots I took at a Mother's Finest Concert on Saturday Night at Tybee Island, GA, and decided that I liked the red color of the guitar in this one.

It looked like my focus was a hair behind where I should have been with it (my fault from reframing after focus lock, since I've got tighter headshots at 210mm and f/4 that are just fine).

But, I liked the effect that had with the left side of the image looking sharper because it's further away.

This one was using the incandescent (tungston) preset with varying stage lighting during the concert. Taken from inside of the crowd standing in front of the stage.

Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D, Vivitar 70-210mm f/2.8-4 at 210mm, f/4, 1/125 second, ISO 1600

Another from the same concert with the Vivitar 70-210mm f/2.8-4. This one was at 75mm, f/4, 1/100 second, ISO 1600. This one was taken using Auto White Balance, which was warmer in this lighting.

I posted this one in another thread earlier. But, I'll post it again in this one to demonstrate that the lens is still pretty good at the long end with the aperture opened up.

From the same concert. ISO 800, 1/160 second, zoomed in all the way to 210mm with the aperture wide open at f/4 (and it hasn't been sharpened). Not too bad for a $79.95 lens.

More in this album. All with the Vivitar 70-210mm f/2.8-4.

I'm still going through the images and will continue to upload a few more as time permits

http://www.pbase.com/jcockfield/mothersfinest

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2006, 4:59 PM   #2

this lens doesn't compare to my 80-200 APO!!! Let me post some pics as soon as I get a chance. I've been couch hopping for a week now and all my equipment is in storage!
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 5:04 PM   #3
Administrator

Of course, your G glass is going to be better. :-)

But, this one really isn't bad for a $79.95 lens, especially since the camera produced JPEGs tend to be a tad softer at higher ISO speeds anyway. ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote