Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 17, 2006, 9:05 AM   #1

Hi guys,

i have finally get hold of a batt grip for 5D

Not bad actually...

The fall back i felt are two wires running out from the vertical grip. one is for the DC power and the other is for the remote shutter.

Which aesthetically looks messy especially if you have the strap on. Looks like you have lots of cable/wire running up and down.
Also the wire running from the grip to the remote plug has a little problem (for me that is), the rubber cover of the remote wire seems to be obstructing the head to plug into the 5D completely.

The built is some what plasticky, maybe to make it lighter, but has the same rubber feel with the grip of the 5D, which feels good.

the price is around USD100.

Expect to reach in the market around a week time..... in taiwan that is.

Will work even with only 1 battery NP-400...

Sorry for the poor quality of pics, taken from a camera phone:|

Gobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2006, 1:55 PM   #2

Awesome. Not as smooth looking as the Canon's, but admittedly, it's slim-picking here in the US. I'll wait until it becomes available here/eBay.
SPtheALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:53 PM   #3

nice. at least there's a grip option for those who feel the need.

is this the same one as what's been floating around here and on dpreview (ownuser, i think)?

for a hundred bucks, it's definately on my things to buy list. like everyone else, i'll be searching e-bay for it in the next few weeks.

~aloha~
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:34 AM   #4

I have been waiting for that for so long.

Where did you buy it at.

Even if i have to order it and wait forever , its worth it.
ecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:39 AM   #5

ecap wrote:
Quote:
I have been waiting for that for so long.

Where did you buy it at.

Even if i have to order it and wait forever , its worth it.
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"http://www.ownuser.com.tw/e-FBH1.htm

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"They may be available on eBay
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:10 AM   #6

what's the latest on the grip? any word as to someone selling them here in the states?
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:32 AM   #7

Hawaii Built wrote:
Quote:
what's the latest on the grip? any word as to someone selling them here in the states?
My question is does the model for the 7D require all those external wires and does it have similiar features to the KM grip?

Gozinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 5:22 PM   #8

Gozinta wrote:
Quote:
Hawaii Built wrote:
Quote:
My question is does the model for the 7D require all those external wires and does it have similiar features to the KM grip?

you 7d'ers already have a genuine KM grip. i don't think this aftermarket one will even come close to the control and flexibility of the vc-7d. from what i've read, it will not have any controls, just a shutter release. i'm even wondering if it can be half pressed for focus before the shutter is released?
Old Oct 31, 2006, 8:06 PM   #9

Hawaii Built wrote:
Quote:
Gozinta wrote:
Quote:
Hawaii Built wrote:
Quote:

you 7d'ers already have a genuine KM grip. i don't think this aftermarket one will even come close to the control and flexibility of the vc-7d. from what i've read, it will not have any controls, just a shutter release. i'm even wondering if it can be half pressed for focus before the shutter is released?
Yes it can be half pressed for focus:|
Gobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:38 PM   #10

Hawaii Built wrote:
Quote:
Gozinta wrote:
Quote:
Hawaii Built wrote:
Quote:

Yeah 7D'er already have agrip... trouble is that because it is no longer being madeit is running apx. 500.00 dollars on EBay and they are usually used or new resales so there is no warranty. That's almost as much as I paid for my camera. I'd rather just turn my camera sideways without a grip. I don't really need the extra battery power and all that added weight anyway. Don't get me wrong, the idea of a vertical sounds nice, but I don't see what the big deal that makes people who want one pay so much.I'm sure having the grip is nicebut I have my limits. If I could get one for 200 dollars I would consider it.

It's too bad Sony doesn't pickup the slack and continue making it for the 7D rebadged, but I guess that would go against their principles.

Gozinta is offline   Reply With Quote