Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 19, 2006, 9:43 AM   #1

Hi All,

Anyone know if you can use Pocket Wizards with a 5D and a 5600HS? For one, the 5D hasn't got a hotshoe or PC socket, and whilst I have a FS-1100, I still think it needs the port right??

Also, does the 5600HS have a PC socket? And lastly, can you get a mount to put a 5600 in a standard shoe so that you can mount it on lighting stands with umbrella mounts?? Stirctly that question should be in the Flash forum, but I'm sure it'll have more success here.

Thanks in advance.
Adambrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:10 AM   #2
Administrator

I've seen posts from 7D owners that the Pocket Wizards will work via the FS-1100 hotshoe adapter. Ditto for some of the cheaper Ebay transmitters (the $19 ones). lol

From time to time, I do see someone post that they couldn't get a wireless transmitter to work via the FS-1100. But, that's relatively rare.

If you search Ebay for FS-1100 (including the -), you'll see a vendor in Hong Kong selling a third party FS-1100 equivalent for $14.95 + $5.00 shipping.

This third party adapter also has a PC Sync Port that's missing on the FS-1100 (but, there's no voltage protection built in for strobes with higher trigger voltages, so don't use anything with a trigger voltage much over about 6 volts with it).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:19 AM   #3

Thanks Jim, Do you know if you can connect the 5600HS to the pocket Wizard? I wan't something faster and more flexible than the wireless triggering that is standard on the 5D and flash.

Also, any idea of how to mount a 5600 on a lightstand with umbrella? Most have a hotshoe receptical for normal flashes, really don't know how to get around that one.

Thanks in advance
Adambrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:32 AM   #4
Administrator

I don't know. Your best bet would probably be to use an FS-1200 to mount it (lets you mount a KM strobe to an ISO standard shoe).

Perhaps someone that has this strobe has a better way.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote