Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:39 AM   #21

TCav wrote:
Quote:
When you buy the Sigma 30mm f1.4, let me know where you found it.

I've always been an available light photographer and have been wanting a bright lens for my 5D. I've beenlooking for the Sigma, but while many retailers advertise it, I can't find anyone that has it in stock.

There is one on EBay with a buy it now of 395 but it doesn't say if it is new so I'm sure it isused by a private seller. I'm not sure if that is a good deal for used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sigma-30mm-f-1-4...QQcmdZViewItem

Edited: It appears he is in Harwood Maryland..... is that near you?
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:16 AM   #22
Administrator

TCav wrote:
Quote:
When you buy the Sigma 30mm f1.4, let me know where you found it.

I've always been an available light photographer and have been wanting a bright lens for my 5D. I've beenlooking for the Sigma, but while many retailers advertise it, I can't find anyone that has it in stock.
B&H has it.

Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC Lens for Minolta AF mount

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 7:30 AM   #23

Aloha Hawaii!

I think I just had it set on auto white balance and auto mode!It has been pointed out that the dimmer picture (of the Ducati) was due to other factors, which I hadn't thought of.

I'm still on the learning curve of manual WB and choosing different shutter, aperture etc modes. I was at the bike show with a group of friends so didn't really have time to hang around trying different things. There's a bike show in London early next year so I may go to that on my own!

Still,the picture of the Gixxergoes to show that Auto modes can still work very well.

Juzzie is offline   Reply With Quote