Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 31, 2006, 4:31 PM   #1

Hello everybody. I am new here, however I've been following this forum for a wile and I can tell you, this is the best forum I've ever seen.

I have a question to Minolta 7D users. I just got my new7D a few days ago and I love it. I've been a Minolta user since 1985 and as a photographer, theoretically and technically very inclined. I learned allot about my new camera within few days. One thing I noticed,that makes me kind of uncomfortable: it is aconsistent tendency of themetering system tounderexposean ambient light for at least one stop. Especially it is noticeable in Full-Auto program mode. It can be easily compensated with + EV, but I am curios if many other7D users in this forumexperience the same issue. I've read many professionalreviews onthe Konica Minolta 7D, and almost all of them have stated that the camera does underexpose. By the way, the camera has the most ricent firmware - 1.10u

Thank you foryourresponse.
Vman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2006, 5:04 PM   #2

Mine used to underexpose by 1/2 stop (using the latest firmware). I discovered a problem with it so I reset all the defaults and downloaded & reinstalled the firmware update. It now exposes correctly...don't know why though, but it's worth a shot!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 3:35 PM   #3

Thank you for the advise Kalypso, a definitely give it a try. No one else responded at this point. Iassume not to many 7Downers havethis issue.
Vman96 is offline   Reply With Quote