Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 4, 2006, 7:53 PM   #1

When I press the shutter release button, my 7D focuses, but will not release the shutter. Nothing happens. All other functions work,, all settings appear to be OK. I had just finished a series of shots, turned camera off. Started again a few minutes later and set up the shot, etc, then pushed the button. AF worked, but no "CLICK".

Anyone seen this, know of anything that can be done to fix it?

Thanks

Richard
Jacqueaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2006, 9:21 PM   #2

Richard, on DPR, didn't you mention that you dropped your bag? I don't see how a camera in a padded abg would be damaged by a short fall, but it's possible.

In addition to removing the battery and CF card, try swapping lenses and if all else fails, resetall the default settings.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 10:32 PM   #3

Yeah, I did drop it, and even after trying all your suggestions (I had done everything but reset to default settings), no change.

I note that when I turn the camera on now, I can her a very faint rumbling where the lens connects. Happens on every lens. Could be related.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 11:14 PM   #4

Does the anti shake series of led's in the viewfinder blink quickly? This is what mine did, and I could not get it to work at all. It seemed to 'rumble' every time I turned on the camera for a few secs and would focus but not release the shutter just like your describing. I suspected an anti-shake fault, but unfortunately I cannot confirm that. My vendor replaced the body so I didn't need to send it in for repair.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 11:38 PM   #5

Indeed, the AS led's do blink as you say. Unfortunately, my camera is not under warranty, so this one looks like it's gonna cost me.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 8:09 AM   #6

Richard, send it in. If it is repairable, it will certainly be better than buying a new one, and I believe you will get a warranty on the work.

http://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 9:12 AM   #7

cope wrote:
Quote:
Richard, on DPR, didn't you mention that you dropped your bag? I don't see how a camera in a padded abg would be damaged by a short fall, but it's possible.

In addition to removing the battery and CF card, try swapping lenses and if all else fails, resetall the default settings.
I remember someone else dropped their camera while in a bag and it caused the AS system to fail. Not sure if it was Richard or someone else.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote