Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 5, 2006, 2:02 PM   #1

Any suggestions for the least amount distortion when shooting interiors. Also, I use the 3600 flash, and just can't get the exposure correct when there is a light object in the foreground. For example, when shooting kitchens with white countertops, the area close to me will be blown out while the background will be very dark. I keep the flash at 24mm. I shoot in manual and just can't get the exposure right! Thanks for your help.
ps34109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2006, 2:33 PM   #2

ps34109 wrote:
Quote:
Any suggestions for the least amount distortion when shooting interiors. Also, I use the 3600 flash, and just can't get the exposure correct when there is a light object in the foreground. For example, when shooting kitchens with white countertops, the area close to me will be blown out while the background will be very dark. I keep the flash at 24mm. I shoot in manual and just can't get the exposure right! Thanks for your help.
Have you tried the "Zone Matching Feature" of your camera?
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 7:50 AM   #3

No, I haven't. I'm not sure what it does, but I will research. Thanks so much!
ps34109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:01 AM   #4

I was recently doing some shots of a bathroom remodel for my wife and ran into the same problem. Somewhere on another thread it was suggested to shoot at f8 with the 3600 flash and it will expose properly. I'm not sure I understand why, but it does seem to work. Actually, I ended up getting much better shots without the flash anyway. Shooting in the daylight with the lights in the room on really gave me the best results. Also, I studied some of my wifes home magazines to see how they set the rooms up and did their lighting. Learned alot from just looking at their shots.

Now I just need a 10mm wide angle like you have so I can fit more of the room in the shot. I had to go outside and shoot thru a window for that tiny bathroom!

DrChris is offline   Reply With Quote