Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 9, 2006, 5:19 PM   #1

Several months back I upgraded the firmware to the latest version.

The camera works better, but I am noticing a weird occurance.

When I shoot on the P setting, All my JPGs show up as JPEs. When I shoot under any other setting, JPGs show up as JPGs.

What happened, and how can I change this back?

Also, when shooting RAW +, is there a way to turn off the creation of THM files?

Thank you in advance,

-Chet-
Hexfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:45 AM   #2

The JPE mode is activated on my 7D when I'm using the Adobe color palette. If you simply use sRGB color space it should be JPG.

THM files are created when you preview the images using the play button. Don't look at the pictures after you shoot and you will not have any THM files.

Hexfyre wrote:
Quote:
Several months back I upgraded the firmware to the latest version.

The camera works better, but I am noticing a weird occurance.

When I shoot on the P setting, All my JPGs show up as JPEs. When I shoot under any other setting, JPGs show up as JPGs.

What happened, and how can I change this back?

Also, when shooting RAW +, is there a way to turn off the creation of THM files?

Thank you in advance,

-Chet-
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 4:35 PM   #3

maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
The JPE mode is activated on my 7D when I'm using the Adobe color palette. If you simply use sRGB color space it should be JPG.

THM files are created when you preview the images using the play button. Don't look at the pictures after you shoot and you will not have any THM files.

Thank you, maxxum7d, for the JPE answer... I will change that tonight.

As for the THM, I am not viewing my pictures after shooting them. I just shoot away and look at the pictures when they hit the PC. My 19" CRT is a bit easier to see detail than the 2" LCD on the camera... :lol: (Go Figure!)

Again, thank you for the response above. If you have any other ideas, I would love to hear it about the THMs...

-Chet-
Hexfyre is offline   Reply With Quote