Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:28 PM   #61

M: I'm really glad you got a line of communication opened! Best of luck getting your lens back and get all of this straightened out.
Sneezy1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 4:44 PM   #62

Ok, got a call from Joel at Adorama today and he's agreed to return some lenses to me. I am not entirely sure that the lenses he is returning to me are my own ( In fact one is definately not my own lens- he couldn't find the MC/MD 70-200 I sent in so he's substituting a Vivitar lens which is fine. The one I sent in was equivalent to the Vivitar and I haven't used it in ages.) but this is still much better. He also couldn't find a lens hood in that I had sent, this is the one item I really hope is returned.He said he'd continue to look for this, and send the package out today.

So, the email to Jim's contact has been fruitful and is much appreciated.

On the good side of this deal, I did send in a 28-80 that had some cleaning marks on it that I could not remove. Adorama removed those marks, and the lens is now worth $7 instead of $5. lol. Really though, I do wonder how they managed that. I used at least 4 products on it to no avail. I checked and it is the same lens I sent in (same serial #).
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 6:30 PM   #63

I guess you should be happy you are getting some of the stuff back. Since they seem to have misplaced some of it.
C
onsidering I order a Tamron from them and ended Up with A Sigma nothing they do really surprises me. I think that from now on KEH will be my place to order from

I'm happy with the Sigma don't get me wrong but my email and purchase order I printed on line said Tamron the lens I got and the purchase order in the box with the lens said Sigma and it was a sigma I received
Old Jan 22, 2007, 7:48 PM   #64

I'm not sure I would have accepted a Sigma lens as equal to a Tamron LD XR lens, but maybe if it was an EX lens I would. ( I am partial to Tamron though)

I got the email confirmation and it seems to be that of 2 lenses, 1 tc, and 1 shade that I am missing I will be getting maybe one of my original lenses, a tc (they're not serial numbered so as long as it's the same brand and an 8 pin, we're cool), one different but equal lens, and no shade. I am going to pressure them on the shade, I managed to find one new for a 70-210 f3.5-4.5 last year and it cost quite a bit. I think Iused it once- when I packed it, I couldn't tell that it was used at all.Frankly, I'd have rather he called and said all I was getting back was that shade, at least I do use that some. The TC I've mounted once and didn't like the quality of images, the 35-70 f4 is easily replaceable and I have that range covered with better glass, and the MC/MD lens is pretty much retired. But there is principle in it for me also- I sent my stuff in to a professional camera store, not to some guy selling cameras out of a van. Add to that how I was told Minolta AF lense are practically worthless though I see Adorama has added yet another $100 to the price of the 28-75 f2.8 in the last few weeks... I doubt I could call in and use the old 'minolta is out of business, it's an obsolete lens' routine to cut the price down.

I have learned a valuable lesson though. And I did get one lens back in better shape than I sent it in.

I've thought about sending these lenses in to KEH, but I don't think I can stand to. lol

Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:02 PM   #65

Well, I think I am at the end of the road with Adorama. I will send one final Email regarding the hood for the 70-210 lens, but I think my association with Adorama is at it's end. The last email I got in response to its whereabouts was 'I'll look for it, if I find it I will send it to you', which I think is code for 'fat chance, buster'.

I assume that the rest of my stuff is at myother home, because I only sent 2 emails specifically addressing the fact that I'd moved andgavethe new address. I am lucky that my wife and kids are still there, but I cannot tell you that I have recieved the correct items, only that a box came from Adorama.

Final tally, of 10 lenses and 1 body sent, I got 1 body back, 8 lenses (I hope), one minus the hood and all in about 2 months time. (1 lens is a equivalent though- not MY lens, and 1 lens I did sell though I now regret that.)

Unless there is a miraculous result, I won't post another update. I know I have put more effort into this transaction than I had ever imagined. I can consider the loss of a $35 hood a lesson learned.

I do appreciate the help from Jim C. and the kind words of others.

Wahoo, no more of these 'angry' posts! :-)
Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:08 PM   #66

Mercury I'm really sorry you have went through all of this but you have taught me a valuable lesson. And from now on I'll be using KEH or Beach!

Good luck!
Old Apr 24, 2007, 4:18 AM   #67

Hello Jim,

I found 3 "Upsetting" issues/events with my last week received Tamron A-18S 18-250mm "Travel" zoom lens. I sent already today, to the European representative in Germany & to Tamron USA service dept; this mail, which I want from you & others in this forum some advice in relation to my lens "Problems", thanks to your ample expertise. (BTW...Of course I will wait patiently for Tamron representatives for their 100% accurately responses!:?

Hello!

I'm very proud announcing you, that from last Friday I received after near two month of waiting my ordered A18S 18-250mm zoom lens #:001011, for my lovely KM Dynax 7D digital body.

However...I have some "Boring" problems with my specific received lens, for so...I want to ask you trough this mail wit these 2 photos of my lens box, tour expertise advice or checking if this new Tamron from Sony/KM cameras came with an "Inherent/built-in' fabrication defects. Which i will try to explain you as simple as I can with my poor English...hoping that you will comprehend my mail well? Thanks!

1.- When I turn ON the main body switch...first the "Focus Ring" moves from the Infinity position to the closes one "Macro 0.45cm" distance...making a "Disturbing" GRRRRRR noise till stops at the Macro position??? (BTW...moves relative SLOW!!!???).
When I finish my photo shooting, I turn OFF the main body switch...again with such "Disturbing"...GRRRRRR noise again returns from where was focused in the last photo to Infinity position..., so the camera turns OF completely???. My question is IF IT'S DESIGNED TO WORK LIKE THAT???, as all my other Minolta, Sigma & my first one a vintage Tokina one, all for Minolta "A" mount...DON'T had this "behavior". Now to my second inquiry/question...!

2.- Today I "Discovered/Came upon"...that when I move the front knob from "AF" position to "MF" one...I CAN'T move the front focus ring on my received #:001011 A18S lens freely??? Simple...CAN'T ME MOVED. (Trying with force will damaged the focus gear in the zoom lens OR also the "Focus Pin"...in my Dynax 7D body. (This "Phenomenon"...DON'T occur on any other ample lenses collection!

With my most heart fully desiring of any "Cute or 100% accurately" response to those 2 boring me issues, for so; please take all the time trying to find if it's some "Designed/Fabrication" defect specific to my "KM/Sony" mount...when with Nikon or Canon mounts cameras all work as the "Original lenses" for such cameras???

Thanks so much for your good will & comprehending my specific lens problems!

Sincerely, your client living in Israel.

Alex!

Peace,to all of you!

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote