Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Dec 6, 2006, 6:55 AM   #11

SO

say is this Tamron here :
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamron-SP-500mm-...QQcmdZViewItem

+

this

http://cgi.ebay.com/T-Mount-Adapter-...QQcmdZViewItem

can fit on the SONY a \?
alphadelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 8:49 AM   #12

alphadelta wrote: Apaprently that lens is for Olympus mount. A T-mount adapter has a universal thread on one side and the appropriate camera mount on the other. This auction from Cameta is for a Phoenix for Minolta AF. It either has a T-mount or is made for Minolta, you can call Cameta before bidding to find out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/500mm-Mirror-Len...em160028682892
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 9:03 AM   #13
Administrator

cope wrote:That's for Minolta MC/MD mount. ;-)

It's probably T-Mount with an adapter. But the listing doesn't say for sure. But, if so, it's for the wrong mount anyway.

B&H has the Phoenix lens with a T-Mount to Maxxum Adapter for the same price ($109.95). See my first post in this thread for a link.

It looks like there are some Optekas on Ebay for less ($89.95 with an adapter for Maxxum). I don't know how the quality compares. The Phoenix lens is apparently made by Samyang according to the description at B&H.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 1:14 AM   #14

yes but as i read from reviews, money on a lens like Phoenix will be a waste. thats why i ve been trying to locate a Tamrom or a sigma (but i prefer the Tamron), and a proper mount.

am sorry to bother you , but like i understand, using a T-mount , i can plug a Tamron sp 500mm on my sony, right ?
Old Dec 7, 2006, 6:29 AM   #15

alphadelta wrote:
Quote:
yes but as i read from reviews, money on a lens like Phoenix will be a waste. thats why i ve been trying to locate a Tamrom or a sigma (but i prefer the Tamron), and a proper mount.

am sorry to bother you , but like i understand, using a T-mount , i can plug a Tamron sp 500mm on my sony, right ?
If there is a Minolta AF adapter available, yes. If not, no. T-Mount lenses all use a common thread. I don't know if Tamron uses the same or a different thread. I suspect it is different, but an email to Tamron would confirm this. In any event, only the Minolta or Sony AF 500 f8 will give AF. You are being sold a bill of goods regarding the cheaper mirror lenses. For the money they aren't bad.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 7:26 AM   #16

i dont need AF. i just want to know if i can plug a Tamron on my sony with those T-mounts and just have the manual focus.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 7:52 AM   #17

Yes, you can use a Tamron lens, just make sure it comes with the Minolta AF adapter. (most are listed by the adapter type they have)
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 8:21 AM   #18

i have just got an email from keh saying that the Tamron cannot get adapted on a sony.

i asked for a price including the tamron lens and the proper t mount but it seems its not possible. :sad:
Old Dec 7, 2006, 9:08 AM   #19

Tamron's website lists a Maxxum 'adaptall' adapter for a list price of $64.95. I don't know if there's a misunderstanding over at KEH or if they just don't have the correct adapter but it is available.

It could be hard to find the correct adapter, so I'd make a big effort to get them together from the same vendor.

If you google 'Tamron Adaptall Maxxum' you'll see that the adapter is available for about $35 + shipping.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:23 PM   #20

alphadelta wrote:
Quote:
i have just got an email from keh saying that the Tamron cannot get adapted on a sony.

i asked for a price including the tamron lens and the proper t mount but it seems its not possible. :sad:
That's odd... I wonder if your response was from someone who doesn't know cameras andjust assumes thatSony must be different.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote