Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:30 PM   #1

I need help!

I always can right click the photo and choose View Exif/GPS/IPTC with IExif to view the camera and settings information, but only on the photos that posted by other people, not my own photos that stored in my hard drive, and those photos are the original without any process. When I right click on my own photo, I did not see the View Exif/GPS/IPTC with IExif option, can anyone show me why and how to fix it.

Thanks a lot!
lsifs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2006, 1:04 PM   #2

I open my pictures in an IE windoe to use IExif. Many other photo editing software can also display exif info. If there's an easier way, I don't know it.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 3:16 PM   #3

right clickthe photo you wish to view,

move curser overopen with,

a sub menu will appear move curser to IExif and left click.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:58 AM   #4

Thank you for the solution hint. If I right click on the someone else photo, the view Exifis already there, but when I click my own photo, the view Exif is not there anymore, I have to use the open with..... Do you know why this happened?
lsifs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2006, 6:48 AM   #5

Are you using Windows XP? If so, when you open a photo from your harddrive it is probably opening in the default Picture/Fax viewer of XP, which probably doesn't support the context menu entry for IExif.

You can change that if you want easily enough. If you use the same Open With option on one of your photos, then click on "Choose Program", then choose the program you want to open it with, most likely Internet Explorer, and then check the box that says "Always use this program to open files of this kind."

From that point on, until you change it again, you can just double click your picture files and they will open with the program you selected.

Syluncer is offline   Reply With Quote