Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Dec 19, 2006, 8:52 PM   #11

whoa! that turned out a little big....

sorry :lol:....

~aloha~
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:23 PM   #12

Big Dog,

Not familiar with the JASC program but for the purposes of most on-line forums look for an option that allows you to resize based on pixel dimension rather than amount or type of compression.

Generally, in consideration of forum members with dial-up connections picture sizes are usually set at no more than 800x600 pixels, with the longest side being about 800 pixels.

This size tends to be optimal for viewing quality on most rigs and also keepsfile size managaeable.

Hawaii built,

Where in Hawaii are you getting these pheasant photos? I haven't seen a pheasant around here except for the Honolulu Zoo. Peacocks I've seen in several places but no pheasants.

Aloha, Hawaii no ka oi.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:21 AM   #13

Selvin, thanks for the advice. Looks like I'm not too familiar with JASC either, haha. I figured out the resize menu, resized photo to 800x532 pixels and compressed with comporession factor of a 24 instead of 42. Picture came out better.....and smaller in size. Again, thanks, you guys on this forum are great.
Attached Images

Big Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:10 PM   #14

selvin wrote:
Quote:
Big Dog,

Not familiar with the JASC program but for the purposes of most on-line forums look for an option that allows you to resize based on pixel dimension rather than amount or type of compression.

Generally, in consideration of forum members with dial-up connections picture sizes are usually set at no more than 800x600 pixels, with the longest side being about 800 pixels.

This size tends to be optimal for viewing quality on most rigs and also keepsfile size managaeable.

Hawaii built,

Where in Hawaii are you getting these pheasant photos? I haven't seen a pheasant around here except for the Honolulu Zoo. Peacocks I've seen in several places but no pheasants.

Aloha, Hawaii no ka oi.
selvin -

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"these phesants showed up in my neighbors yard the other day. i'm up in coqui frog country on the big island. they've been visiting me every now and again in my anthurium patch. it's bird hunting season now, and i'm AWFULLY tempted... but, i'm leaning towards just letting'um be (for now), maybe seeing what i can do to attract them and keep them around.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"no phesants around honolulu... lotta tourists, but no phesants!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"~aloha~

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"good to see another kama'aina here on the boards! you gota lot of posts under your belt... where you been hiding?
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2006, 5:38 AM   #15

Hawaii built,

Been fooling around the boards for a long time. Also a Forum Moderator (Weekly Challenge) which explains the large number of posts.

I am on the East end of Oahu near Hawaii Kai but do get to the Big Island a few times a year.

You can see some of my work at:

http://www.pbase.com/selvin

I concentrate primarily on Hawaii shots. Enjoy and aloha....
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote