Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Dec 18, 2006, 12:46 PM   #1

I'm experiencing a problem with poor image quality with a new lens that I recent bought for my 7D camera from DiscountJungle online.

The lens is a:
KM AF 17-35, 1:28 (32) -4 D

The problems is that the images dont seem crisp and focused no matter what I do.
The auto focus seems fine, and I have other Minolta AF lenses that give crisp images with this camera.

This is the 2nd lens so far. I sent the 1st one back for this same problem hoping it was a problem with the optics, but the replacement lens is the same.

Any help/suggestions?

Dyno2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2006, 6:08 PM   #2

Do you have any samples, with settings? Some times it's easier to make a suggestion with that information.
Sneezy1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:17 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply.
Actually I've done alot of trial and error research tonight since my post, aided by an excellent salesman from National Camera Exchange in my area.
What we found out, we really cant explain, other than Individual lenses DO make a difference with MY camera.

Here is my research, I hope it helps others....

I have tried 2 identical AF 17-35 2.8-4 KM lenses, both had the same unsharp images.

My old Minolta AF 35-70 gave sharp images as well does my old Minolta AF 70-210 and a tokina AF 75-300.

At the shop we compared a NEW Tamron AF 17-35 2.8-4 to the new KM AF 17-35 2.8-4 I had, and found NO DIFFERENCE...Both were unacceptable in clarity.

We then compared with a Tamron AF XR DiII 18-200 3.5-6.3 and Voile'!!! Clear as a bell comparable to my other lenses.

I dont know what the reasons are, maybe someone else can explain as I cant imagine ALL the subpar lenses we tried were defective.

Dyno2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:56 PM   #4

Wow that's really strange. I have no idea. I know that my old quanturay 28-90 is not nearly as clear as my kit lens that came with my sony so I suppose anything is possible.
Sneezy1956 is offline   Reply With Quote