Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Dec 29, 2006, 11:02 AM   #1

First let me apologize to the moderators and everyone else for this post on this forum. I tried to find a forum for this type of question and could not find one so I will reach out to my fellow KM owners (i have a 5D with a number of lenses) as they are a unique and loving bunch.

What service is everyone using for their prinitng need (4X6, 5X7, larger?, christmas/holiday cards)? Any service i should particularly avoid?

I have gone everywhere on the web and it seems that opinions are like crappy cameras, everyone is bound to have one at some point. I see a large range of costs from 8cents to 25cents (4x6) but when you want quality prints for albums a couple of cents won't kill anyone. I tried shutterfly for my holiday cards and got some free prints to go along with them. They were acceptable. No complaints.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Thank you all for the help and again sorry for not sticking to photo equipment questions.

Cesar
mrwizard93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2006, 1:33 PM   #2

I have heard good things about Mpix.

http://www.mpix.com/
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:16 PM   #3

Are you wanting professional quality prints and or you wanting something a little cheaper but still good?

Professional quality you want Mpix! They are unbelievable but can get a little expensive.

If you want good prints but maybe not professional quality Shutterfuly, Snapfish, York Photo and Winkflash all give you decent prints at a decent price.

I scrapbook so typically I order the prints I'm going to use in my scrapboo from the list I gave you. When I'm printing for my wall or for a couple of friends that have me take pictures I go through MPix..they are part of the Miller Professional studio and the prints you get from them are amazing!
Sneezy1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 11:43 PM   #4

I am looking at a multitude of uses. FirstIwould like to blow some of the better picturesup to 8x10 for some frames in my home - some smaller.I also have some picturesIowe relatives, probably 4x6 or 5x7 but 5x7 is a bit expensive no matter where I look for some reason. My wife's scrapbooking will have to "suffer"through my Epson R320 - the pictures come out quite well from it.

It is weird how different rating reports can have contradicting results. One that I saw that was interesting was Smugmug but they want a membership fee plus they are expensive on a per print basis. I saw the York website and it didn't seem very professional but that is just my initial perception - it had nothing to do with picture quality. Do they offer things like Christmas card printing and the like - that was a big plus from Shutterfly - we had a disastrous time at JCPenny with my daughter and we ended up taking the pictures at home and sending them out to Shutterfly and we had them in hand in less than 3 working days. Again, I have only tried Shutterfly and I was somewhat satisfied with whatI got from them.
mrwizard93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 7:58 PM   #5

York actually started near where I live and used to be a professional developer and moved into mass developing. They do as good or better then shutterfly. There site isn't the best. York does have cards and about anything else you could possibly want.

If you are wanting a little better then Shutterfly but not wanting to go the mpix which is all but professional try

http://scrapbookpictures.com/ they are a really nice place.

But, from what you seem to be looking for I would probably just bite the bullet and pay a little more for mpix.

I will say I've got almost as nice as photos out of scrapbookpictures as I have from Mpix but I think the prices are almost the same.
Sneezy1956 is offline   Reply With Quote