Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 11, 2007, 6:59 AM   #11
Administrator

mduros wrote:
Quote:
I have a bunch of minolta lenses from the late 70s and early 80s that I need to see whether they work with this camera or not first.
As long as they are Minolta Autofocus (a.k.a., Maxxum, Dynax, Alpha, AF, A-Mount) lenses, they will work on a Konica Minolta or Sony DSLR.

If they are MC/MD mount (manual focus) lenses, they will not work on a DSLR wtihout an adapter (which would have some issues and limitations). Older manual focus lenses use a different lens mount.

Minolta introduced the newer Maxxum/Dynax Autofocus Lens mount with the Maxxum/Dynax series of cameras in 1985, making the older MC/MD mount obsolete. All Minolta models introced since then user the newer Autofocus Mount (which is still being used by the new Sony Alpha DSLR-A100).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 2:57 PM   #12

I just switched this week to DSLR, I am not a pro, these pics were some of the first I have taken with my A100. My poor resize does not do them justice. I almost bought the 30D, but the megapixel gain, self dust removal, and the big kicker was the IS. I bought extra lenses, bag, 1GB CF 133x for what I would have to pay for the 30D. I do not do it for a living and I am thrilled with my purchase. I wish you the best in your decision.
Attached Images

Diesel_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 2:58 PM   #13

another
Attached Images

Diesel_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 6:53 PM   #14

WHAT ARE YOU A QUACK?

:?
MINOLTANUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 3:02 PM   #15

Keep this thread coming! Also think of posting them on flickr...since that group needs good photographers like you.

I have a 28-80 powerzoom lens and a 70-210 beer bottle lens. They are two possible reasons for getting the a100 over any other slr. But i am still thinking...researching...and saving up. Oh, and looking for opportunities in which a dSLR will be beneficial.
cgl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 3:46 PM   #16

Yep come to flickr I would be glad to see your photos in our group
Sneezy1956 is offline   Reply With Quote