Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 21, 2007, 1:08 PM   #1

Does any one on here use Pocket Wizards?

I hardly every use my flash on the camera and a couple times I've had the signal not reach my flash to trigger it. When I'm doing stuff indoors I've never had a problem but when I'm outside and have the flash and camera positioned I'll run into problems. I'd rather not tether myself with the OC-1100 cables.

So a couple questions:
1) Will the Wizards work with the FS-1100 (Or Substitute on ebay)?
2) is there a way I can trigger the 5600 using a standard pc-sync and some kind of adapter to the minolta sync connector.

If 2 is not possible I'm looking at getting a Nikon SB-24 to carry around for conditions where I need my remote trigger.
kberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:53 AM   #2

Okay is it safe to assume I'm forging new ground here? At least for those of us on this forum?
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:29 AM   #3

You should be able to trigger the flash with the Pocket Wizard. You would need and FS-1100 or one of the clones from ebay for the Camera and then an FS-1200 for the Flash (Converts the Minolta Flash Shoeto Standard Hot Shoe). Then another adapter that has a Sync port and a standard shoe connector that the FS-1200 would connect to.

I don't have Pocket Wizard so I'm not 100% sure this will work, but I see no reason that it shouldn't. You will loose all automatic functions on the flash though. The Flash will fire at whatever level you set it to. So manual metering will be required.

Don't know about # 2.

Regards,

Alex

alexperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 3:55 PM   #4

I came across this on Dyxum for any one interested.

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/forum_po...ID=86440#86440