Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 23, 2007, 1:54 PM   #1

Quick & easy first question: how big have you printed (RAW) files from your 7D and been happy with the results?

Second question: what business do you recomend to print large (24x36 or larger?) prints?

Love to hear your experiences.
Thrasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2007, 3:05 PM   #2

40 X100 FT BILLBOARD....BIG ENOUGH..LOL..

CLIENT WAS HAPPY..THATS ALL THAT MATTERS
MINOLTANUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 3:22 PM   #3

I like MPix.com for prints. They have just about any size you could need other then bill board size
Sneezy1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 3:29 PM   #4

Yeh. Billboard is big enough - maybe even too big.
How about Mpix - have you printed a 24X36 or larger with them? What was the result? I see that they have streched canvas - nice option.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:29 PM   #5

You might be interested in this result. I have an epson 7600 wide format printer and I printed a 22x28 photo on canvas taken by a little ole canon S3IS. It came out great. Well by great I mean as good as the original photo, with no degrading of imaging. Of course I had to unsharpmask just a little. I've done similar experiments with 5mp cameras. I don't know if it's because of the quality of my professional printer, but my results dispute the maximum picture size constraints suggested by the articles and manuals.

You can crop a section out of a picture, enlarge, and have someone print it see for yourself, if you want to "try and see." I would suggest raw or best jpeg. Unfortunately, I do not know of any online printers to suggest.

Good luck.
ChaCha
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:38 PM   #6

Mpix's canvases are awesome! I've got one that is just beautiful! I took it with my son's 7D minolta at Disney in May and the print is just beautiful!
Sneezy1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:00 PM   #7

I absolutely love mpix. Recently tried them and one of my prints was a 16x24. It came out beautiful! Well worth the $17.99. Even my 4x6's were far superior to some identical 4x6's I had developed at a local Walgreens. And they're fast. Placed the order late Monday night, was on my doorstep Thursday afternoon. Very professionally packed to boot. They also have many odd sizes to choose from and a nifty crop feature on the web interface that allows you to see the cropped image if you're enlarging and changing ratio.

I haven't done anything as large as an 24x36, but when I do I'll definitely use them.
DrChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 8:16 AM   #8

mpix.com !!!!!!!

had a 20x30 landscape printed on canvas from a 1.3meg file

bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 4:51 PM   #9

Thanks for the ideas. I think I'll try Mpix and see what happens.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:48 PM   #10

The problem I have with Mpix is that they have made the decision to provide absolutely no telephone support. There is no way to contact them other than by email. I don't find this to be a reputable way for a business to operate. You may decide otherwise.
Jeffery Small is offline   Reply With Quote