Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 7, 2007, 11:39 PM   #181

Hello Frank & Rainer,

Yes rainer...my example really is very...very sharp, only I have a suspicious/questionable issue...that the focus ring & GRRRRR sound that produce my specific lens...it's NOT as must be?:!:

Just received from our locally official Tamron representative here in Israel, a call & after an a long chat...we decided "WHEN & IF"...he will import other A18S lens...he will came specially to my home with the new lens received, to try among mine "How Good Is". He want that I gave back my received lens to be send back to Japan to the factory for checkout it...of course I refuse...as if will be changed how I will want 100% sure that i will obtain "NOT a Lemon" one...:!:. I also tell him, that soon Sony will released the same Tamron made A18S lens under "Sony" brand...so the possibility that he will import more same zoom lenses for Sony under the originally Tamron brand it's very scarce!

O.K....my dear folks...doesn't matter...i will post if will be any news...:!:

BTW...another example using the green "P"...from my bedroom window!:G

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 5:13 AM   #182

Hello Folks!

My today's inspiration on green "P" setting, "Central area" exposure measurements!

Hope that all of you will be delighted; as me...

Peace,

Attached Images

Old May 8, 2007, 9:26 AM   #183

I shot this with the 18-70 kit lens. My daughter is the brides maid with an attitude.
Attached Images

gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 1:39 PM   #184

MINOLTANUT wrote:
Quote:
TRYING OUT MY NEW LASER POINTER
Great, now there's a hole in the moon
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 1:47 PM   #185

rduve wrote:
Quote:
No reason to ever take it off unless you need a faster lens.
Quote:
What are the odds of that? LOL... Seriously, I have the flexibility todo that because I have more than 1 body, but I couldn't rely on that lens under normal circumstances without resorting to use of a flash if I only had one body.
Quote:
I wonder how it compares to the Tamron 28-300 XR, which I personally also find excellent.
Quote:
It's seems like Alex is getting better results than I'm used to with my 28-300mm. Could be be me or my copy. I think they did a great job with the 18-250mmlens. Too bad they don't introduce a new model real soon so the price drops on this one. LOL Can't beat the price we paid for the 28-300mm. I think I paid about 135 from Cord Camera. I have a hard time justifying 500 dollars for any lens, let alone the 18-250mm.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 11:13 PM   #186

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
rduve wrotte
Quote:
It's seems like Alex is getting better results than I'm used to with my 28-300mm. Could be be me or my copy. I think they did a great job with the 18-250mmlens. Too bad they don't introduce a new model real soon so the price drops on this one. LOL Can't beat the price we paid for the 28-300mm. I think I paid about 135 from Cord Camera. I have a hard time justifying 500 dollars for any lens, let alone the 18-250mm.

Yes, my dear Meanstreak, here where I live "The Holly Land"...Israel, I'm unable to get such "Low" prices for any lenses as take place in USA. So I'm lucky that I pay exactly the "List" USA price of $500.00 for my A18S received lens, when here exist also taxes + VAT for ALL imported goods.
Again aside all such "Defects/Behaviors" that I think that come about in my specific sample lens, optically it's not 100% but 1000% perfect; which for me, + I'm 100% sure that for you & all of you, lovely KM owners it's "IMPERATIVE"...or I'm wrong?:!:

Peace,

Old May 10, 2007, 6:25 AM   #187

Hello to all of you,

Before will comence to rain here...I shoot this amazing photo...that will assure you that maybe "God"...is looking my rose..not only me...:!:

BTW...I signed also to Dpreview.com KM Minolta/Sony DSLR forum...regarding my acquired Tamron A19S"Syndromes"...& at least I'm happy to announce to all of you, so I received one honest/sincerely input from one 7D owner which acquired same lens that me...& he also have same "Syndromes" issues...he make me "My Weekend day" :G For so...seems me that till Tamron will remedy such "Syndrome"...it's not a failure or better that is how was designed to work...with "A" mount...so...I must be patiently...?:lol:

Whatever enjoy, as I "Call it"...A Joy of God?!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old May 10, 2007, 6:27 AM   #188

A different Look from God!:?

What you all say...:!:

Peace,

Attached Images

Old May 10, 2007, 7:10 AM   #189

Alex,

Those are both great shots. Very nicely done.

What settings did you use?

--Frank
FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 7:53 AM   #190

My dear Frank,

Since my best Russian born photographer who is always a Nikon fan, he acquired a D-80 with the 18-200mm Nikon zoom lens, & commenced to use the "Green P"...so he get auto ISO settings from 100 till 800 ISO in his newer Nikon D-80, (400 with my 7D body) the results that I saw were superbly exposed...so I decided to shot those two + another one that I will attach to my reply to you with "P" green color position, but honestly...as today we are looking forward for rain, the light is very "Cloudy" so...; I use my "Free version "Neat Image" noise reduction software + another photo software for "Framed" some of the obtained photos, IXIF is erased...but if still remembering well the F stop was always fully open at 6,3 at 250mm lens focal setting & the camera selected 400 ISO speed, the shutter was nominally 1/60, of course the camera "AS" is always ON + I rest myself on a side wall for better stability.:P

Here my dear Frank, a "Framed" rose!:homey:

Peace,

Attached Images