Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 24, 2007, 9:08 PM   #201

Yes...all with my Picasa software!

Really i love it...as my Son who is a Computer programmer, installed in our home computer, Mozilla Firefox + Google & as Goggle acquired Picasa all together works 100% matched. Making easy for an a Computer Stupid like me...mail photos simpler & ea sealy!!!

Peace,

Alex 007
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 9:41 PM   #202

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:

Really i love it...as my Son who is a Computer programmer, installed in our home computer, Mozilla Firefox + Google & as Goggle acquired Picasa all together works 100% matched. Making easy for an a Computer Stupid like me...mail photos simpler & ea sealy!!!

Peace,

Alex 007

I understand you used Picassa. I do also along with Thunderbird and Firefox.
My question was "How" did you remove the background? I don't see a way to do that in Picassa.
Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 10:19 PM   #203

Flying Fossil wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:

Peace,

Alex 007

My question was "How" did you remove the background? I don't see a way to do that in Picassa.
A correction..., NOT sent mails using Thunderbird...ONLY trough Gmail account.

O.K...Now I will explicate you with my best possible English (It's NOT my native language...but I will try hard!), go to "Tunning" & the third slider named "Shadows"...moving it to the right will dark the background BUT will make much more contra sty the whole selected photo...so when you saw & decided that the "Background" is "Removed/Darkest"...go one slider up "Highlights" & again slide to the right till the results is acceptable to you needs. Some times I need also to move the first slider "Fill light" a little bit to light the photo a very little bit more...as i named "Some Fine Tunning"...as I do when I set up turntables (My other hobby!!!).

Now I trust that you comprehend me well?

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Old May 24, 2007, 10:31 PM   #204

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Flying Fossil wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:

Peace,

Alex 007

O.K...Now I will explicate you with my best possible English (It's NOT my native language...but I will try hard!), go to "Tunning" & the third slider named "Shadows"...moving it to the right will dark the background BUT will make much more contra sty the whole selected photo...so when you saw & decided that the "Background" is "Removed/Darkest"...go one slider up "Highlights" & again slide to the right till the results is acceptable to you needs. Some times I need also to move the first slider "Fill light" a little bit to light the photo a very little bit more...as i named "Some Fine Tunning"...as I do when I set up turntables (My other hobby!!!).

Peace,

Alex 007

Yes Alex, I now see what you did. I had not played with that part of Picassa.
Thanks a lot.

Old May 24, 2007, 10:40 PM   #205

Flying Fossil wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Flying Fossil wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:

Peace,

Alex 007

Peace,

Alex 007

Thanks a lot.

Also!!!

Go after that to "Effects"...& press ONCE "Sharpen"...as NOT always your photo or your camera (Depends which one!), gives really a good sharpened final results...specially when you "Crop" or more photo tunning issue.

Heart full I wish you a good luck & nicer results...ever!

Peace,

Alex007:|
Old May 25, 2007, 9:48 AM   #206

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Flying Fossil wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Flying Fossil wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:

Peace,

Alex 007

Peace,

Alex 007

Thanks a lot.

Also!!!

Go after that to "Effects"...& press ONCE "Sharpen"...as NOT always your photo or your camera (Depends which one!), gives really a good sharpened final results...specially when you "Crop" or more photo tunning issue.

Heart full I wish you a good luck & nicer results...ever!

Peace,

Yes, I have used the "sharpen" feature. It is truely amazing, what a free and such a simple program can accomplish.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 12:42 AM   #207

Hello Buddies,

This week end...I walk & here is a example of how good my newer Tamron 18-250mm zoom lens reproduce color faithfully!

Trusting that you will love it:!:

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jun 5, 2007, 12:46 AM   #208

Another example from last weekend walking!:-)

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jun 5, 2007, 12:52 AM   #209

Last one for today...

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jun 5, 2007, 1:28 AM   #210

Alex 007, great pictures and great lens, did you use tripod? All pictures are very sharp, how can you handheld at 250mm and still have these sharp pictures? You really have magic hands.

I ordered the same lens too, but it is on back order, I don't know when it will come, I really can't wait....

I had a tour to Stanford University and San Francisco, I carried the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 and the beercan, here are some pictures with the Tamron, no pp, only resized:

Attached Images

lsifs is offline   Reply With Quote