Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:24 AM   #11

kberntsen wrote:
Quote:
Also worth mentioning is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

I've used it since Beta 3 and it has replaced my Adobe Bridge / ACR workflow. Best of all I can make adjustments & crops without actually changing my original photo.

Its on sale for $199 through the end of the month. Just in case any one is interested.

Hi,

Yes my son download the last Beta version...but for me is a little bit complicate to use it...for so 100% I use Picasa 2.6...also if I need to Email photos RAW can't be do it:P

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:48 PM   #12

While I don't personally like Lightroom, it's worth remembering that if you work in an educational establishment or are a student/pupil in full time education (or your child is) you can buy Lightroom for about half price from the Adobe education store. They have a lot of other stuff as well like CS2.
Ikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 2:10 PM   #13

Ikki wrote:
Quote:
While I don't personally like Lightroom, it's worth remembering that if you work in an educational establishment or are a student/pupil in full time education (or your child is) you can buy Lightroom for about half price from the Adobe education store. They have a lot of other stuff as well like CS2.
Seriously...I refuse to pay for any photo program...for so Picasa satisfies my Email needs!

Second still in my computer that last "Beta" version...so IF...& only IF...I will needed or somebody can learn me how to use it...I will try it...but after that I must copy those PP photos to Picasa for mail them... so I'm very sceptically if some day i will use it!:?

Peace,

Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:28 PM   #14

If it hasn't already, the beta version of Lightroom will stop working very soon.

I know what you mean about paying a lot for SW, I would like a full version of SilkyPix but it is £65, too much for me. As for Photoshop, there are free or much cheaper programs that will do most of what I need from these apps. I too use Picasa a lot, mostly for managing my photos but for quick tweaks too. I just wish that it had a bit more adjustability in some areas like sharpening and saturation.
Ikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:58 AM   #15

Ikki wrote:
Quote:
If it hasn't already, the beta version of Lightroom will stop working very soon.

I know what you mean about paying a lot for SW, I would like a full version of SilkyPix but it is £65, too much for me. As for Photoshop, there are free or much cheaper programs that will do most of what I need from these apps. I too use Picasa a lot, mostly for managing my photos but for quick tweaks too. I just wish that it had a bit more adjustability in some areas like sharpening and saturation.
Dear Ikki,

Yes maybe...but in sharpening...the Picasa "Automatically" issue is OK for me concerning saturation go to "Tuning"...& there you find Highlighs & Shadows...which with it you can cope the situation. OK..When the beta version of my Lightroom will stop working my son will delete it from my computer, I think that NOW as it is fix NO MORE Updates...that all...SO???:?

Peace,