Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:07 PM   #11

BillDrew wrote:
Quote:
That website (strangecosmos.com) has some of the nastiest pop-up, pop-over stuff I have seen in a long time.
Bill,

try norton internet security (tricky to set up, but, once done, terrific)

have not seen a pop-up or ad in over 2 years !!!!!!

...john b :|
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 1:51 AM   #12

Mercury694 wrote:
Quote:
I also don't understand. Are you saying that you bid $350 and somebody outbid you with a bid of $290 or are you saying that someone bid $640 and won?

If the former is true, I'd send ebay's safe harbor a message ( I've been screwed on ebay by bots also, but there is little you can do). If the latter is true, then you were simply outbid.
dafiryde, you never clarified Mercury's question. I am wondering the same. How exactly were you screwed?
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:40 PM   #13

very simple

my max bid was 350.00

the person who won bid 290.00

in my history file on ( my e bay ) when i looked back says my max bid was 250.00

believe me that is bull crap
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:57 PM   #14

Could it be possible you mistyped?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:29 AM   #15

you tell me:?

last week some one had a minolta maxxum 300 2.8 lens on e bay, the person had a buy out price of $2999.99 but also stated or best offer

i bid $5.00 as my best offer

time ran out and e bay contacted me as having the best offer

the guy e mailed me and told me i was kidding

the next day he e-mailed me and said the lens fell and got damaged while he was packaging it and was unfit for sale

now thats what i call a head pounder

Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:31 AM   #16

Want an avatar?
Attached Images

TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:39 PM   #17

dafiryde wrote:
Quote:
you tell me:?

last week some one had a minolta maxxum 300 2.8 lens on e bay, the person had a buy out price of $2999.99 but also stated or best offer

i bid $5.00 as my best offer

time ran out and e bay contacted me as having the best offer

the guy e mailed me and told me i was kidding

the next day he e-mailed me and said the lens fell and got damaged while he was packaging it and was unfit for sale

now thats what i call a head pounder

To be quite frank, you seem to be blurting out a series of non-sequiturs, and I frankly don't know what anybody can do to help you here. I have 500 positive feedbacks on ebay and posted probably a lot more. Sure you get a bad apple once in a while, but mostly there are honorable people on there as long as you know how to identify scams.

In your case I bet you you mistyped $250 instead of $350. In the other case you described,it almost sounds unrealistic that a 300mm f2.8 lens would go for $5 and not be bid up a lot higher.But if the seller did not have a minimum bid or reserve price posted and you were the only one bidding, you could have definitely won the auctionat $5. Thenthe seller probably realized that he screwed himself and made up a story about the lens having broken. I am not sure what happened there. But to me it just sounds like you overreact and jump to conclusions rather than examining the actuality of the situation.

And why would you answer my question if it was possible for you to have mistyped the bid price with a moronic response of "You tell me"?And then lay out a case scenario that has nothing to do with what you originally complained about to apparently make the case that all of ebay is one giant conspiracy?

Come on!

Rainer

Old Feb 22, 2007, 5:27 PM   #18

i ment no disrespect when i said, you tell me, its a slang we use at the end or begining of a sentance. we have all kinds of slangs here

believe you me i really wanted that lens, when the time was counting down, is when i put in my last bid of 350.00

it took me a while to learn tobid, but the last few minutes is what determins if you win or loose

Old Feb 22, 2007, 7:29 PM   #19

No problem. I just have never had any such problem, and I think it is impossible based on the software to enter and confirm a bid and have it be recorded differently. In any case, I just won a "beercan" (Minolta 70-210 f4.0 lens) with a Maxxum 7000, a 35mm fixed lens and flash for just over $100. Very good deal.