Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:44 PM   #1

I bought a Sigma 18-200mm lens few weeks ago from Camera Addict, they sent me a email and ask me to call them regards to my order a day after I placed the order,so I called them, they told me that the price I paid does not have U.S. warranty, I need to pay $30 more for U.S. warranty, I agree to pay more for U.S. warranty. I have few questions and hope someone can give me advice:

1. I received the lens has only one year international warranty, is this U.S. warranty? I think Sigma carries 3 years or 5 years to U.S. customer, not only one year.

2. The lens does not have a serial number, is this a 'legal' lens?

3. When I do the test, I could not get a sharp picture under 28mm, no matter what aperture I used, I want to send the lens to Sigma for calibration, does anyone have experience what is the best procedure I need to follow?

Any adivce would be appreciated.
lsifs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2007, 11:01 PM   #2

makes me think its a refurbished unit. I guess you can check with Sigma and get more information from them.
vclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 2:11 AM   #3

lsifs wrote:
Quote:
I bought a Sigma 18-200mm lens few weeks ago from Camera Addict, they sent me a email and ask me to call them regards to my order a day after I placed the order,so I called them, they told me that the price I paid does not have U.S. warranty,
Congratulations you will be the proud owner of a gray market item.

BTW when all done buying thier warranty and any other BS they may push on you same price...MAYBE MORE... than just gettiing the legitimate item to begin with.

(Oh did we forget the camera doesn't come with battery or charger??? ETC.... ALL US cameras do)

Fotunately for you just a lens so just a warranty issue.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:17 PM   #4

I found the invoice, it wasn't from Camera Addict, I called the seller and they offered me the exchange and I just shipped the bad lens to them today, hopefully I will get the good brand new one from them as they promissed. But I didn't ask why there is no serial number on the lens.
lsifs is offline   Reply With Quote