Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:45 PM   #11

Here's another pic.
Attached Images

StacyA1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:56 PM   #12
Administrator

That small square on the foot in your first photo (under the power connection) is where the sync connection would normally be on a Sunpak Auto Flash (but, no square, just a hole).

That small square wouldn't be a removable cover by any chance?

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 5:27 PM   #13

I tried removing it - I can push down on it and it gives in so it's flexible but I can't quite get it to come off. I'll have to find a small screwdriver and see if I can (carefully) pry it off. Aha - finally got it off and there is a hole there. Is this what I'm looking for - or is this just a hole? :?
Attached Images

Old Feb 22, 2007, 5:47 PM   #14
Administrator

Sorry, that's just a hole. They must not have put a jack for the sync connection on the 433D (at least the one you have).

The D series like that one were designed for specific camera models (hence, the extra pins on the foot compared to an ISO standard foot with only a center pin). I would have though that they'd have included the sync connection anyway (especially since the foot has a hole for it and they'd only need to wire the jack into the existing wires in the foot (center pin and outside ground). It must have been that extra 10 cents of cost I guess.

Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:17 PM   #15

Darn. I have an ancient Nikon F someone gave me and it's got an old Rollei Strobonar 682S flash gun. It fits the 3rd party shoe adapter for the Maxxum - but I don't know a lot about voltage requirements and I don't want to fry anything. I have a feeling the voltage of the flash gun is higher than the voltage of the shoe mount flashes....
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:23 PM   #16
Administrator

It's probably going to be pretty high, judging from the few of them I see in this list:

http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html