Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 26, 2007, 8:42 PM   #11

i finally got a reply from ebay today and luckily i did not pay cause it was a scam

man that hammer would hurt if i did
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:30 PM   #12

I got a 2nd Chance offer on a Sony digital camera (P7) that I was buying for my Mum. I did all the checks, contacted the seller, checked My E-Bayand paid through PayPal viaE Bay and it was fine. Great camera (plus loads of extras) at a great price.

Always good to be cautious. I was also offered a 2nd chance on a Nikon D80 for a 'buy it now' price of £250 (they retail at around £850), checked it with E Bay as it seemed too good to be true and it was a scam.

Juzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 7:11 PM   #13

eBay sent me a follow up letter yesterday on things to look out for, sorry i did not keep the person e mail address when i smelt something funny, cause i could have pressed charges

on the :idea:side idid not pay
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:48 PM   #14

eBay ([email protected])

To:
[email protected]

Subject:
Second Chance Offer for item: MINOLTA MAXXUM AF 24MM F2.8 w/LENS HOOD

Code:

Please contact the seller directly to his email address: [email protected] ---

You expressed interest in an item titled -MINOLTA MAXXUM AF 24MM F2.8 w/LENS HOOD- (Item #190084256284) by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder. 

In compliance with eBay policy, the seller of that item is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price of US $150.00, because the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction. 

If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. 

To purchase this item, don't reply to this mail, just contact the seller at [email protected].

Please contact the seller directly to his email address: [email protected]
Code:
this is the second one i have gotten this week
Code:
thought i would post it so you can see
Code:
this is a scam:evil:---
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:43 PM   #15

Have you ever wondered what prevents an unscrupulous seller from using an alias, or an accomplice, bidding against you and forcing you up to your maximum bid? Maybe I don't fully understand the process but it seems to me that second chance offers provide the opportunity for this type of activity. Maybe I'm just too suspicious. J

FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:59 PM   #16

ONE TIME I WAS GETTING A SECOND CHANCE OFFER FOR 150 BUCKS ON A HIGH END VIDEO CAM...THE AUCTION WAS STILL GOING AT THE TIME AND WAS UP TO 3000..LOL
MINOLTANUT is offline   Reply With Quote