Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 3, 2007, 6:51 PM   #1
Administrator

Someone just posted on another site that Adorama has a Minolta 100mm f/2 AF lens for sale at $289 (and that's listed in Excellent Condition).

It probably won't be there much longer (even though the web site may say it's still for sale), since I've seen a forum post on another site about it already.

So, if anyone wants it, I'd grab it *right now* -- don't even hesitate, as it's worth much more. These deals don't come along very often. This is a rarer lens. It took me weeks before I saw one pop up (and ironically, I finally saw one pop up at Adorama and grabbed it), checking multiple sites per day, multiple times per day (including Ebay) trying to find this lens, and that was over a year ago before the Maxxum 5D was shipping and before lens demand went way up.

It's sharper at all apertures in common with the 85mm f/1.4G according to MTF Tests at photodo.com

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20248056.html

I'd call and confirm it, too (their online system tends to run behind a bit on inventory that's available after it's purchased).

Good Luck if you go for it

Jim C.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2007, 7:39 PM   #2
Administrator

It's gone. I've already seen multiple people reply to the other forum post about it that say that they've ordered it.

So, the web site is not reflecting it accurately (showing it there still when it's been ordered).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote