Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 8, 2007, 2:32 PM   #1

They're missing a dial on the top though.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/digital-c...del-242688.php

http://www.gizmodo.com/photogallery/...high_amateurs/

DPR says A10 will come this year before the A1
kberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2007, 3:06 PM   #2

LOOKS LIKE A TOY..
MINOLTANUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:24 PM   #3

Don't you like your toys? :-)

FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:02 PM   #4

MORE BUTTONS..MORE BUTTONS!!!!
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:03 PM   #5

A LITTLE STYLE WOULD BE NICE TOO..LOL..LOOKS LIKE A GENERIC CAMERA FROM A SWAP MEET FOR 20 BUCKS
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:56 PM   #6

MINOLTANUT wrote:
Quote:
MORE BUTTONS..MORE BUTTONS!!!!
I want a telepathic interface.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 5:47 PM   #7

On a serious note, without the quick adjustment dials that made the 7D such a easy-to-use camera, I'm afraid this will finalize my decision to jump over to Canon. If I'm stuck with a menu button interface, I'd rather shoot with a Canon 5D body.

This was everything I feared when Sony bought Minolta's assets...it's only a matter of time before we see typical 'Sony Quality' as well. Meanwhile, Canon keeps innovating...maybe I can get a reasonable percentage of what I invested in the Minolta glass.

What a waste. Sigh.
rsturgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 8:55 PM   #8

I think the pictures are of mock-ups, and don't represent the final form of Sony's eventual products. They probably just wanted something to display so people would know that they're serious about the dSLR market.

And remember that, along with Canon and Panasonic, Sony makes the best professional video cameras available. They may make a few false starts, but I think someday soon, Sony will also make some of the best professional dSLRs available too. And with Carl Zeiss lenses, how could they not?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:14 PM   #9

TCav wrote:
Quote:
I think the pictures are of mock-ups, and don't represent the final form of Sony's eventual products. They probably just wanted something to display so people would know that they're serious about the dSLR market.

And remember that, along with Canon and Panasonic, Sony makes the best professional video cameras available. They may make a few false starts, but I think someday soon, Sony will also make some of the best professional dSLRs available too. And with Carl Zeiss lenses, how could they not?
I'm thinking you're right. They may just be some body models that were proposed at one time or another. The aperature blades appear to be closed. And if I were going to throw something out there just to show I was serious, I don't know that I'd put the final model out. Why let every one Cannon, Nikon, etc... know the direction I'm heading.
kberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:51 AM   #10

kberntsen wrote:
Quote:
I'm thinking you're right. They may just be some body models that were proposed at one time or another. The aperature blades appear to be closed. And if I were going to throw something out there just to show I was serious, I don't know that I'd put the final model out. Why let every one Cannon, Nikon, etc... know the direction I'm heading.
That's why when Detroit wants to road test next year's models, they put false body panels over the real sheet metal.