Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:19 PM   #11

My experience with Precision was superb. They fixed my "First Shot Black" issue at no charge although the camera was out-of-warranty. The needed part was on backorder for a few days. Total turnaround was about 3 weeks. In addition to the "recall issue" of the first shot blacking out, which they fixed by replacing the shutter mechanism, Precision also replaced the LCD screen which had a few scratches and they replaced the AS system (which I didn't know had anything wrong with it). They did a complete refurbishing of the camera, and it came back looking almost like new. I was very impressed. Also their on-line status checking was very intuitive and up-to-date.

Rainer
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 11:33 AM   #12

Final thought from my side...although the repair at Precision took 4 weeks (obstensibly due to delays for parts), the camera came back in splendid condition. The original problem is fixed. It was cleaned inside and out, and looked brand new. I'd been wondering how I was going to get that focusing screen clean...no problem any more.

Hats off to Precision - I may pay them for the same adjustments/cleaning in 6 months.
rsturgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 12:39 PM   #13

When you send the camera in, do they need just the body capped or do they need a battery?
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 12:56 PM   #14

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
When you send the camera in, do they need just the body capped or do they need a battery?
No batteries or accessories needed. Just the body.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote