Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Apr 21, 2007, 9:05 AM   #11

kberntsen wrote:
Quote:
Hey Alex

What approach did you use to clean your sensor?

I took a shot to look at mine and just about fell out of my chair.
Ken, Houston Camera Exchange reciommended the Visible Dust Arctic Butterfly, and it cleaned mine with one pass. I use the Rocket Blower and then the Butterfly.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 9:26 AM   #12

Dear Cope,

Yes it's much better that our lovely KM 7D, works faster & focus faster & better that KM ones...but you MUST buy Nikon lense...preferable with "VR" stabilizer. When my second reason why I buy KM one, separate because I already owned a few Minolta lenses...was the "Body built in" stabilizer.

Till yet works very well...what really will happen on the future...& if...? will be possible to be repaired..that's another question!:P

I will wait...now what disturb me is WHY...can be "Manually" move the focus ring...on my yesterday received Tamron zoom???.

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 1:21 PM   #13

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Dear Cope,

I will wait...now what disturb me is WHY...can be "Manually" move the focus ring...on my yesterday received Tamron zoom???.

Peace,

Maybe they incorporated a focus ring clutch?
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 1:32 PM   #14

cope wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Dear Cope,

Peace,

Maybe they incorporated a focus ring clutch?
Hi my dear Buddy!

Don't think so! Whatever I wrote to the Service Station of Tamron USA...waiting for their response...here my half hour last flower shoot with ceiling bouncing flash + framed...I hope that you will be delighted!

Be well, & my best wishes...BTW...I announce here in Israel all my other lenses for sell them...I hope; that will sell some of them to get back my invested money on my newer & first Tamron Digitally zoom lens...!:?

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Apr 22, 2007, 11:01 PM   #15

cope wrote:
Quote:
kberntsen wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
Alex, I have left the Minolta clan, butI too am interested in how this lens works out. You are the first I have heard from who has the lens.
You looking to make a single lense purchase Cope? Oh wait though Meanstreak says you have a lense fettish. :-)
Meanstreak is warped, but who doesn't have a lens fetish? On Nikon Cafe, the lens forum is called Lens Lust.

I liked my Tamron 28-300; although I rarely used it on the 7D, it lived on my 5D. I need another lens like a hog needs a law book, but i am curious about the lens.
Yeah Yeah
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 12:28 AM   #16

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
kberntsen wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
Alex, I have left the Minolta clan, butI too am interested in how this lens works out. You are the first I have heard from who has the lens.
You looking to make a single lense purchase Cope? Oh wait though Meanstreak says you have a lense fettish. :-)
Meanstreak is warped, but who doesn't have a lens fetish? On Nikon Cafe, the lens forum is called Lens Lust.

I liked my Tamron 28-300; although I rarely used it on the 7D, it lived on my 5D. I need another lens like a hog needs a law book, but i am curious about the lens.
Yeah Yeah
Dear Meanstreak,

Dont recall your response???:?

Another example of the possibilities of my new lens!:G

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Apr 23, 2007, 3:06 PM   #17

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
kberntsen wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:

Yeah Yeah
Dear Meanstreak,

Peace,

I was responding to Cope.

Nice shot.......Did you figure out why the lens doesn't go manual?

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:49 AM   #18

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
kberntsen wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:

Yeah Yeah
Dear Meanstreak,

Peace,

I was responding to Cope.

Nice shot.......Did you figure out why the lens doesn't go manual?

Till yet...NO?:?

Still waiting from "Tamron USA 'Service dept", their response!:-)

Among us...I will wait a week more, after that I will try harder to find another location maybe in Europe, with my hope that from their; will get any idea...WHY.

For your enjoyment, from today shoot an a example!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Apr 24, 2007, 8:57 AM   #19

Hello Folks,

Just came up this on today's readed Popular Photgraphy review of my received Tamron "Screeching" A-18S lens!!!:!:

From "Popular Photography" review...amazing!!!!!!

We found its zoom action
slightly uneven, somewhat stiff and
overdamped, which rendered the
zoom lock unnecessary. AF action
was fast and quiet. On the Canon
EOS Digital Rebel XTi,

Peace.

Attached Images

Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:30 PM   #20

Hello my dear Folks!

Or I'm going crazy...or the lens "DECIDED" to be "Polite/Genteel", with me...as what JUST happen really after more of 40 years of been a Photographer...this "Issue"...NEVER occur in my entirely live...Folks I will try very hard to explicate the "New" phenomenon/development...still NOT comprehend by me...:?

before I will attach my one of my last photos from 1/4 hour earlier...I must explicate/development this...:homey:

The attached photo was shoot with 400 ISO, & White Balance at "Shade 0"...I turn On the back main camera switch...The focus ring remain at Infinity...I was so shocked...that almost the camera slip from my hands...to believe what I saw....I turn OFF & again ON...the focus ring remain...at Infinity. So The lens BY HIMSELF...correct the earlier "Syndrome...I don't take it away from the body...Nothing..., really my dear folks...can't write to you any logical explanation...what really happen, that the lens, decided to work as all my other lenses for Minolta "A" mount bodies. Whatsoever till yet No reply from any official Tamron representative...still waiting for at least any reaction!

So...my dear Folks that is my "Good news"...I try several times turning On & Off the camera without doubt if only happen once or "refreshen"...the electronic chip inside the lens...acting as must be:?

A cactus from my bedroom!

Peace,

Attached Images