Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Apr 25, 2007, 3:54 AM   #21

Have a nice day, my dear KM/Sony Fans!

Believe me yesterday after such "Himself" lens "Auto-repair"...as I with my bad English can named it...:? was unable to sleep well, wake up a today again to "Check"...if what happen with the "Auto-repair" issue...was ONLY yesterday or still "Repaired"...I can confirm you that "Still Repaired"...:shock:.

So here is today's example of the "Exquisiteness" capacity of my received lens example!.

I named... "Leaves during a sunny day".

Still waiting for any official Tamron seriously response to my lens "Syndrome":?

Peace.

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 7:32 AM   #22

A lens that repairs itself?
FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:12 AM   #23

FrankD wrote:
Quote:
A lens that repairs itself?

YES...my dear FrankD!

You can beleive me!!! Don't have or can tell you another sane explanation...sorry!!!:?

For so I'm still waiting any official Tamron explication, today I sent the same mail to Japan headquarters...hoping/trusting that will get any input from them...don't worry my dear FrankD...be extremely happy...I will be very patiently...assuming that any input will arrive soon:?

From today's "Self-repaired"...focus ring movement issue session! Enjoy!!!:-)

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:39 AM   #24

Hello Folks!

Not 100% exactly "REPAIR HIMSELF"..today I check it again, ONLY when is at 18mm his "Behavior"...is similarly...to all my others lenses from various brands, but...when I turn ON when the lens is set at another focal distance per example 100mm or a little bit shorter or at maximum 250mm remained exactly the same turning ON the main body switch...GRRRRRRR...& focus ring goes to close macro position...till yet??? no response from Tamron at all.!???

What ever here my fists "Human face" photo of my best Russian photographer, which lives close to me...he is an a Nikon Fan...owns a D2x & two week ago acquired a D80...which today I meet for the first time he own the 18-200mm originally Nikon zoom lens with "VR" stabilizer..., much quicker pin point focus that my 7D/A-18S combination. Also seems me that the viewfinder is a little bit more clear & bigger...that my 7D one!:shock:

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Apr 28, 2007, 6:53 AM   #25

Hello Folks!

My first test inside home using this lovely Tamron lens at 3,200 ASA settings...I hope that you will enjoy it...my dog named Klyde!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Apr 29, 2007, 12:37 AM   #26

Alex, if you still think you have a problem with the lens, see if you can you get it exchanged. If not, then I would consider getting it fixed.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 12:49 AM   #27

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Alex, if you still think you have a problem with the lens, see if you can you get it exchanged. If not, then I would consider getting it fixed.
My dear Meanstreak!

Yes you are totally 100% right...still waiting from Tamron Japan & Europe (Germany)...any input on my written mail...BUT...till today nothing...?

Second, the lens that I received specifically S#: 001011, is so sharp & render lovely color, etc..., that among us...I'm afraid that IF...or WHEN... I will received another (Maybe with this "Syndrome free")...will be so good!?:?

Third, our locally official Tamron representative here in Israel, "DON'T"...rush to change it...as statistically... ONE of 20 lenses are sold with KM/Sony mount. I check it well...asking a few big photo stores that know me...& that proportion is what I obtain.:shock:

Don't worry, I will post any "NEW" news...if ANY?:?

Peace,

Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:55 AM   #28

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Hello Folks!

My first test inside home using this lovely Tamron lens at 3,200 ASA settings...I hope that you will enjoy it...my dog named Klyde!

Peace,

Nice shot Alex. Wish we could do ISO3200 with the A100.

Klyde has that "Oh man, you're not pointing that thing at me again are you?", expression on his face!
FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 10:17 AM   #29

FrankD wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Hello Folks!

Peace,

Nice shot Alex. Wish we could do ISO3200 with the A100.

Klyde has that "Oh man, you're not pointing that thing at me again are you?", expression on his face!

Dear FrankD,

Among us...till yet I don't meet or hand any Sony A100 camera, yes truly good for 3200 ISO!

Thanks,

Peace,

Old May 1, 2007, 5:12 AM   #30

Hello KM/Sony Fans!

From today my inspiration, directly from my bedroom window, as I state "Optically"... my specifically received Tamron A18S, zoom lens is 100% perfect...only those GRRRRR & goes from Infinity to the close/Macro position seem me that "Works Wrong"...maybe, still my specific 001011 serial number lens is a "Prototype" Sony/Km mount lens...as all of you already identified, together with Pentax mount was "Delayed/Postponed"...among Nikon & Canon type mounts.

Whatever...Thanks to Tamron USA, which took the decision...to help me, together with Tamron Japan...still waiting for further news!:O

All of you will be well informed!:roll:

BTW...Just found some seriously reviews!

http://www.dphotojournal.com/tamron-...ical-if-macro/

Peace,

Attached Images