Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:49 PM   #1

Hello KM/Sony Fans,

Today I'm very happy announcing to all of you, that I received my long patiently waiting Tamron 18-250mm model A-18S zoom lens...for be attached for ever!!!

Here my first photo of the box...please don't smile...after more of 4 hours cleaning the sensor, I mount & dismount the lens 19 times till I'm extremely proud informing to all of you...that NOW...is 100% assured spot clean...as I NEVER more will dismantle the lens from the body...among us...really was worthy all those spending hours till I was 100% assure that is spotless clean...really no more such backbreaking work...I'm extremely tired...but very happy of myself!!!

Here a test review from Popular Photgraphy magazine!

http://www.popphoto.com/cameralenses...-ii-macro.html

Folks...please be patiently, a few day more to send you more photos with this lens! Thanks!!!:G

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2007, 3:11 PM   #2

Hello Alex,

Congratulations on receiving your new lens. I can't wait to see what results you get from it.

You have so many great shots from your 24-85mm I'm not convinced yet that you are completely ready to abandon it! Maybe another body just for that lens? :-)

--FrankD
FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2007, 4:25 PM   #3

Alex, I have left the Minolta clan, butI too am interested in how this lens works out. You are the first I have heard from who has the lens.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:22 PM   #4

cope wrote:
Quote:
Alex, I have left the Minolta clan, butI too am interested in how this lens works out. You are the first I have heard from who has the lens.
You looking to make a single lense purchase Cope? Oh wait though Meanstreak says you have a lense fettish. :-)
kberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:28 PM   #5

Hey Alex

What approach did you use to clean your sensor?

I took a shot to look at mine and just about fell out of my chair.
kberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 6:07 AM   #6

Hello to all of you!

Pity Cope that you leave the "Minolta Clan"...why??? After sale service??? Now you own a Nikon D-80?...stretched out, & go forward to a D-200 same magnesium body that the 7D!:?

Dear FrankD...Yes, but i decided to use ONLY one lens for all my shoots, as Tamron named "The travel lens"..., my 24-85mm will remain fitted to my film body Maxxum 9xi body. below I attached one photo...among us a really lovely lens...with a "Syndrome"...which make me really crazy...i will try to explain myself with my poor English....hoping that all of you will comprehend me well:P
it's something...that never occur with my others generic or originally lenses for Minolta bodies...when I "Turn On"..the switch...first the focus ring goes with an a "Louder/Noisier"...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, from "Infinity to Macro position"...only after that stop at "Closer" focus distance...the rear LCD show on...also after that I "Turn Off" the body switch...till the same focus ring do not return to "Infinity Position"...with the same grrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound & slowly (Not Speedy Gonzales)...as my former fitted originally 24-85mm zoom lens...the camera shut himself totally. Also my Son discovered that "Can't" be use the manual focus feature...when he turn from AF to MF on the front knob...simple Don't Work"...????. As the lens says for "Sony"...I "Think"...that maybe (Never saw a Sony Body yet...!), the manual focus front knob that has the 7D body, seems me that can not be use with this specific Tamron new lens???:?
I intend to ask to Tamron USA...if they really know such "Failure"...or maybe is "A Sony mount Syndrome"...& Nikon or Canon works...today I can't be 100% sure.:sad:

Now my dear Kberntsen, among us it's NOT so easy to cope this hard work!..., I use an a Industrial "Aero Duster" MS-222N made by "Miller-Stephenson" in Connecticut USA. That i receive several can as a gift & you can "Control" the "Burst spraying"...+ several "Q" cotton tips...rubbing very...very..cautiously the sensor..spray again the "Aero Duster"...fitting the Tamron lens making always 7 snaps of the sky at "Auto"...so was possible to me to select the F lens aperture photos from F-40 (Yes Folks on 250mm length this the minimum F aperture!!!!) 32-22-16-11-9-6,3...really wan for me an a very "Hard" day...4 hours till NOW...is 100% spotless clean sensor

OK...I hope that I made myself well comprehend:?

From my garden a leaves example as the camera produce....with NO PS software! Hope that you will agreed that I get NOT a LEMON one!:-)

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Apr 21, 2007, 6:11 AM   #7

Dear Folks,

Another example!

Wide open 6,3 at 250mm focal length

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Apr 21, 2007, 7:35 AM   #8

My lovely Folks!

Another one I named it..."Reflexions"

Enjoy!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Apr 21, 2007, 8:57 AM   #9

kberntsen wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
You looking to make a single lense purchase Cope? Oh wait though Meanstreak says you have a lense fettish. :-)
Meanstreak is warped, but who doesn't have a lens fetish? On Nikon Cafe, the lens forum is called Lens Lust.

I liked my Tamron 28-300; although I rarely used it on the 7D, it lived on my 5D. I need another lens like a hog needs a law book, but i am curious about the lens.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 9:03 AM   #10

Alex,

To answer your questions, I went with the D200 after a friend bought one and told me how impressive it was. My 7D was performing great,. but I was concerned about future repair options, so I sold it. I had already sold the 5D before I decided to switch camreas. I sold 99% of my Minolta gear at Dyxum.com. I can't say I do not miss the 7D, becasue it will always have the best ergonomics IMO, but I made the swithc and am happy so far.

I went with the D200, and it is the closest to the 7D. I knew I would never find better ergonomics than Minolta had, and Nikon and Canon both should study the mind of Minolta for inspiration in that area. Howeevr, the D200 is magnesium as you said. My 7D with 28-75 f2.8 KM attached weighed right at 4 lb. The D200 with the 28-75 f2.8 Tamron attached weighs 4 lb5oz. I can tell you that focusing is quicker, shutter is quieter, and the flash metering is unbelievable.