Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 6, 2007, 1:33 AM   #1

Have owned an A100 for a month now with the 18-200 lens......heck doesnt the world realise how good this camera is ?

I have had great results from day one....but for some reason I hadnt even considered the A100, retailers nearly always steer you towards a Nikon or Canon...it was my local small retailer that ordered one in for me, because I told him I wanted a really high quality superzoom....he suggested that the only camera that would satisfy my fussy nature would be a DSLR...then explained the anti-shake....he was dead right

I am now convinced, its just great...bought the flash also which is also excellent...now just need that camera armour from the States :-)
mangizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2007, 7:20 PM   #2

That's different than the experience I had a couple months ago when I visited a local store in California. The staff was actively promoting the Sony A100 as a cost-effective way to build a high quality camera outfit without the expensive glass from Canon.

(Still reluctant to upgrade MY 7D until I get another dual-dial body or full-frame sensor...)
rsturgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 10:45 AM   #3

In the El Paso area, no store is pushing the A100. I loacated them at the Bestbuy and Compusa and the sales people had any knowledge of the camera. I brought my own CF card so I could test the camera. I really liked the camera from the beginning.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 8:24 AM   #4

Congratulations. I just got mine and I love it. The shots are crisp, and the flash is just so much better than p&s. The shots are not bleached. Now I have two options for indoor shots: warmly lit with flash or no-flash natural lighting.
cgl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 5:58 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Isn't that always the way, people/shops will have faves, sometimes down to how much money they can make from a particular model or what they are familiar with. It is always going to be the way so people need to take that into consideration when making a purchase and that is where reading magazine/online reviews helps out hugely as generally they are unbiased!!!

A lot of people working in shops are less clued up on camera technology than the people you find in the forums which is a shame.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 10:25 PM   #6

Well I sold my K10D to go back to the Sony A100, the Sony is a very good camera and just feels better to me. I think it has been far to under rated in the reviews I have read. From my real world experinece with it. I have sold prints (18x24) from this camera that are tack sharp.. Can't wait to see the next generation.
http"//pixelexpressions.net

Kevin
zoomdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 7:33 AM   #7

zoomdaddy wrote:
Quote:
Well I sold my K10D to go back to the Sony A100, the Sony is a very good camera and just feels better to me. I think it has been far to under rated in the reviews I have read. From my real world experinece with it. I have sold prints (18x24) from this camera that are tack sharp.. Can't wait to see the next generation.
http"//pixelexpressions.net

Kevin
r u on flickr? someone there posted they switched back to a100 from k10d.

I love this camera. It has its flaws (for lost shots) but that is due to user error! In a night outing, i had just 2 unusable shots (lost focus and over exposure). The rest were flawless. One shot could have been lost but thanks to RAW i saved it (with nikon i hear you have to spend money on the software!).

This camera is a secret to the world so only the hard working ones who do not follow the mainstream will buy into this solution.
Chris
cgl88 is offline   Reply With Quote