Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 8, 2007, 2:39 PM   #1

Here I am on vacation, seeing wonderful sights, and the bloody camera acts up.

When you turn the dial on top right, which selects between single, multiple, bracketing, delayed, etc, you expect the display to follow it as well as the behaviour of the camera. Well, seems I can now select one of three modes: bracketing (single), delay 10 or delay 2. Can´t get bracketing continuous or single. It´s as if the other positions of the dial got re-programmed.

I tried reset, and also removed the battery for a few hours (as well as the flash card). I´d like to re-install the firmware, see if that erases the problem. IMAY have left it on one of my flash cards, don´t have a laptop to explore with, will just have to try with each card. Or, the trip´s just about over, give up for now and do it at home.

Am I mad? Oh, NO. I came THIS CLOSE to seeing how high it would bounce off the tilefloor, or attempt a prolonged salt-water soak.

My KM flash never did work right (but didn´t understand it till out of warrantee). KM´s sell-out was shameful, a good friend has had even worse problems with both flash and 7D. And at this time, I cannot afford to replace it, or even get Sony to repair it - I´ve seen their rates. Guarantee it won´t be KM or Sony. I´d sure love to meet a KM executive in a dark place...
jimjomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2007, 4:07 PM   #2

My 7D did this when 2 months old. Nothing worked right. Precision replaced the entire top cover and it was fine.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 9:24 PM   #3

Thanks for input. Precision's website says $281. I'm in the middle of remodeling the house, and costs are high. I really cannot justify the expense at this time. Disgusted. Flash would cost $111, more disgusted.

Sorry to be so negative, but I sure hate being burned.
jimjomac is offline   Reply With Quote