Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:17 AM   #1

I just sent in one of my 5Ds in for repair.I was going to wait for it to come back before I send inanother 5D that also has the first shot black problem and an intermittent problem with the AS. In retrospect, I should that one in first because the AS problem is only covered under warranty and that runs out on July 10th. I think I should get working on that one soon. I aslo have a 7D exhibited the FSBproblem once which is out of warranty but irrelavent since they are fixing the FSSB issue for free.I thought about sending everything in at once and even in the same box, but knowing how good Precision camera is a getting things mixed up with just one camera, I decided to excercise what may be better judgement on my part. A part of me still feels that not all of the KM that show an FSB will eventually fail andI have only experianced one FSB per camera. After each one I cleaned all the contacts and cycled each cameras shutter up to a thousand times in the hopes of loosening things up. Despite my feelings thatI may never experiance another problem, I decided it might be best to have the shutters replaced because I'mthinking of selling a couple of bodies and don't want to stick someone with a camera that may fail and I'm sure if Sony will repair them free for the second owner. My plan is to stick with KM ans possibly by a new Sony when new models are introduced.

I will update my progresss as soon as I hear anything.... keeping fingers crossed that parts don't run out unless they are willing to send me an A100 for one of the 5Ds. LOL
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:17 AM   #2

they'll take the lenscap off for you:blah:
MINOLTANUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:16 PM   #3

MINOLTANUT wrote:
Quote:
they'll take the lenscap off for you:blah:
I guess you had to be there :?
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote