Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 19, 2007, 7:43 PM   #1

Hello every one.
Few of my resent pictures with the blue sky showed several strange smudges on my 7D CCD sensor. I am extremely careful when I have to change lenses out doors. I always use a clear plastic bag, especially made for that purpose and take all the precautions. What is seen on the test sheet looks like a condensation, which leftsmallround spots-residue on the sensor. I circled just several of them, but there are some more visible, if you look closer. They all have the same round shape and size. As you can see, there are no dust particles present. The sensor has never been cleaned. Condensation, It‘s the only one thing I can think of. I don't think the spots could've been there from the factory, however anything is possible.
Any opinions greatly appreciated.

Attached Images

Vman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:50 PM   #2

It looks like it's time for a senor scrubbing. I had the same thing happen and it got to the point that a blower was not removing the spots. After contiplating sending my camera in for a $100 cleaning with no guaranty, I decided to do some research on cleaning my own sensor. This is what I now clean my sensor with. I've done it several times and I can say it works great without any sensor damage.

Thats www.micro-tools.com
Attached Images

lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:28 AM   #3

Thanks for the information, Lomitamike. I suspected the sensor needs a cleaning job, but have tried to avoid it as long as possible. Now it got to the point that I have to do it. I'll be ordering the cleaningkitshortly.
Thanks again
Vman96 is offline   Reply With Quote