Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 21, 2007, 8:26 AM   #1

I recently purchased a Minolta 28mm f/2 lens hood. However, when it arrived I was a little disappointed to find that it didn't fit my lens. It looks like there are two versions of the Minolta 28mm f/2 namely the original and new. I have the original version.

Based on this thread it seems that I have the new version of the hood (see attached image). Can anyone here confirm that the hood on the original does not have the protruding tab?

Thanks

--FrankD

Attached Images

FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2007, 9:57 AM   #2
Administrator

I've got an original 28mm f/2. But, I got mine in factory refurbished condition from CametaAuctions, and it did not include the hood.

I really need to get around to buying one for it. But, I rarely use it outdoors. So, it has not been a high priority for me.

Hopefully, someone else here has one. Then, we'll both know what kind of hood to look for.

P.S.

If you don't care if it's a factory hood or not, look at the screw in, rubber hoods.

Listings for 55mm Rubber Lens hoods at B&H

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 10:27 AM   #3

I've got an original. No tab. Maybeit will fit if you remove the tab.
Attached Images

lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 2:08 PM   #4

Thanks for the info folks.

JimC wrote:
Quote:
If you don't care if it's a factory hood or not, look at the screw in, rubber hoods.

I am currently using a screw-in rubber hood which actually works fine and in some respects, is preferable to the rigid plastic type. I was going after the genuine hood because I'm a bit of a perfectionist about these sort of things irrespective of the fact that there is no practical benefit.

lomitamike wrote:
Quote:
I've got an original. No tab. Maybeit will fit if you remove the tab.
Thanks for the picture - now we can see the difference. The hood I have does fit the original lens in the stowed position so, as you suggest, removing the tab should do the trick. Now I have to decide if I want to modify an otherwise perfectly good (and rare) lens hood.

FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2007, 8:43 PM   #5

SNIP IT !!!!!:evil:
MINOLTANUT is offline   Reply With Quote