Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Sep 3, 2008, 4:17 PM   #11

I've downloaded the software source and indeed it does support pre-flash metering. The catch is that he fires a single 'ping' rather than the multiple burst used by the 5600HS. As a result, the flash timing must be 'right on' with the camera's sampling time window. The firmware has compile time options for 5D, 7D, and A100 cameras.

I want to use this on my A300, so I might have to tweek some of the timing parameters. This could be a hit or miss operation unless I can borrow a digital storage scope and measure what the camera is doing. (then again I might get lucky
and the A100 parameters might be close enough to the A300 to work. In fact the A100 numbers are VERY close to the 7D parameters to begin with). Since I have access to Atmel development tools at work I'm willing to play with this thing. Worst case I can still use the 5400HS in manual mode unmodified (I'll try that first) and you can buy 5400HS, 5400XI and 5200I units used but working for under $50 if you don't mind them looking a bit 'distressed' (perfect for hacking up).

The autofocus support light should work too as the adapter doesn't touch this and the flash unit handles this 'command' (as well as all other original commands) still. The adapter overrides only for the new modes.

kscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:24 AM   #12

kscharf wrote:
Quote:
Since I have access to Atmel development tools at work I'm willing to play with this thing. Worst case I can still use the 5400HS in manual mode unmodified (I'll try that first) and you can buy 5400HS, 5400XI and 5200I units used but working for under $50 if you don't mind them looking a bit 'distressed' (perfect for hacking up).

The autofocus support light should work too as the adapter doesn't touch this and the flash unit handles this 'command' (as well as all other original commands) still. The adapter overrides only for the new modes.
I'll appreciate very much if you inform Sebastian as soon as you manage to get it working on A300...I'm going to purchase 2 kits (for 5400HSS and 3500xi I have and want to use with A200), but he has no A200 version yet since he does not have such camera. Firmvare that works on A300 shold work with A200? I guess.
smileyface71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:26 AM   #13

Hello,

Does anyone have the latest files for the flash converter. The website is down.

Thanks,

Fem2008
fem2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2009, 11:56 PM   #14

The website for flash converter is back under a new link:

http://www.voitzsch.net/index.php/fl...lash-converter

Thank you Sebastian.
fem2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:40 AM   #15
Administrator

fem2008 wrote:
Quote: