Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 20, 2008, 2:06 PM   #1

I recently purchased a Giotto 2.5" lcd protector for my 7D only to find out that the model I ordered is not the correct 2.5" model. Make sense? After looking at Giotto's website, I learned that there are slight variations available. The model I ordered is sp8250 (53.9mm x 41.7mm). Can anyone tell me for certainif the sp8259 (55.5mm x 43.7mm)for the A100 also fits the 7D?

I tried to email Giotto to get this clarification, but have not gotten a response.

Thanks,

Scott
munmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2008, 9:57 PM   #2

Any reason you didn't order the Minolta one from Sony?

If you need the part number let me know, I've got few in my bag.
kberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:49 PM   #3

The primary reason that I ordered the Giotto protector, Iwas not all that impressed with the original that came with the 7D. Just wanted to try something different.

I will keep in mind the offer for part number if it turns out I cannot get the correct Giotto model. Thanks for the offer.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 9:58 PM   #4

I'm not sure about the issue you have with the original protector, but I hear about many people who seem to have trouble with the protector staying on. I have yet to experiance a problem after using the camera for over a year and a half. In fact, you really have to try to get mine off.

munmi wrote:
Quote:
The primary reason that I ordered the Giotto protector, Iwas not all that impressed with the original that came with the 7D. Just wanted to try something different.

I will keep in mind the offer for part number if it turns out I cannot get the correct Giotto model. Thanks for the offer.
[img]chrome://piclens/content/launch.png[/img]
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 4:24 PM   #5

After reviewing your replies, I came to realize that I did not explain why I was seeking an LCD protector in the first place. On January 12th, I was photographing a snowmobile race. I was wearing a large fanny pack with shoulder strap and had my camera hanging around my neck. Somewhere along the way, when I was not handling the camera, the lcd protector must have snagged the buckle of the waste band from the fanny pack and snapped it off. The alignment was perfect for that to happen.

So, it is not that I disliked the original to the point of just replacing it, but while I need to get a new one, I felt maybe the Giotto would be better. Will find out....if I ever get one.

Sorry for the oversight.

Scott

Old Feb 7, 2008, 8:52 AM   #6

This has been an interesting ride, trying to find the Giotto lcd protector. I returned the original then order the sp8259, as I was told that the 7D had the same lcd as the A100. I doesn't:sad:

kbernsten, is the offer still available for the sony part number?

Thanks,

Scott

PS. Anyone need a Giotto lcd protector for A100?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 4:24 PM   #7

Just saw this

I'll post it when I get home.

Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:33 PM   #8

U-3900-036-U