Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:37 AM   #1

I am looking to buy some used glass or unused kit glass.

what i am really looking for is

Sigma 10-20

sigma 18-50 or 18-125

and a larger tele lens around the 500mm mark

if any one has some ideas of where to find something along these lines please let me know,

thanks

theo
Dr.Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:55 AM   #2

Your best sources would be KEH.com and eBay, followed by Adorama and B&H. You might also find something on Dyxum.com.

There are many long telephoto lenses on eBay all the time, but the quality might not be great. The specific lenses you mentioned are still in production, so you're not likelyto find used lenses going for much less than new lenses, though there are some bargains to be had if you happen to be in the right place at the right time.

I was searching eBay last night and saw a Minolta 100mm f/2.0 with a high bid of $200 and less than two days to go. I also saw a Minolta Maxxum 5D in good shape with a 'Buy It Now" price of $150! On the other hand, there was also a Beercan with a 'Buy It Now' price of $12,500! I would like to think that was a typo, but if it was a typo for $125, that's a great price for a Beercan.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:40 AM   #3

does anyone know about this lens by looking at as in if it is for film or gigital? roughly how old it is anything?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGMA-AF-TELE-FI...sid=p1638.m122
Dr.Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2008, 1:54 PM   #4

Many of the User Reviews at http://www.dyxum.com/reviews/lenses/...asp?IDLens=228state that they had used the lens on a film camera.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote