Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 19, 2008, 1:14 PM   #11
Administrator

Look at the posts from Mercury694 in this thread (the ones starting on the second page).

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=84
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 1:43 PM   #12
Administrator

Here's an example (and that's only part of the story if you keep reading). Perhaps they're better now. But, I don't think I'd go through the trouble and shipping costs of trying to sell anything to them (although I've purchased from their used department with no issues).

Mercury694 wrote:
Quote:
On Adorama's purchasing Dept.,sending in the lenses wasn't worth the effort. I sent in a dozen lenses, and the buyer offered me $100. Their fair market value should be between $500 and $600, I can easily get that from them on Ebay. To add insult to injury, the buyer told me that Maxxum lenses are obsolete because Minolta is ' out of business'. Nevermind that Sony can't manufacturer A100's fast enough to meet demand. Ah well, I just thanked him and asked politely to have them returned to me. I will Ebay them or perhaps give KEH a crack. I just thought I'd save anyone else the trouble of packing up your gear to send in, it's not really worth the time. (and I do understand that they want to make a profit, but I don't think that they need to make 500%)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote