Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 26, 2008, 6:18 AM   #11

The second one!

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:43 AM   #12
Administrator

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Today I tried 3200 ISO fitting also my vintage Pentax "Right-Angle Viewfinder" so this photo inside my salon was shoot using the available light !

I selected F:10 & the shutter speed was 1/13sec yes hand held!
I'd have tried 1/6 second at ISO 1600 instead, using a self timer with mirror lockup. You'd have to be very careful not to move any after locking focus until the shutter trips. I'm only teasing (maybe). ;-)

Yes, I can imagine stablization can help a lot with macros, even in better light (so you can keep the ISO speeds set lower than you could otherwise when stopping down the aperture a lot).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:56 AM   #13

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Today I tried 3200 ISO fitting also my vintage Pentax "Right-Angle Viewfinder" so this photo inside my salon was shoot using the available light !

I selected F:10 & the shutter speed was 1/13sec yes hand held!
I'd have tried 1/6 second at ISO 1600 instead, using a self timer with mirror lockup. You'd have to be very careful not to move any after locking focus until the shutter trips. I'm only teasing (maybe). ;-)

Yes, I can imagine stablization can help a lot with macros, even in better light (so you can keep the ISO speeds set lower than you could otherwise when stopping down the aperture a lot).

Hi my dear Jim!

Yes your cute method is the "Right" one...but using self timer with any kind of "Tripod"...or at least resting on a book or something like that it's impossible to "Hand held" steady...because when the shutter is activated the mirror block the viewfinder & with me in this case I'm 100% sure, I will move the camera by "Instinct"...so I think that in "Real Time"...don't work!:?

Jim...peace to all of us!

Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:12 AM   #14
Administrator

Yes. It would be tough not to move shooting macros. :-)

I took a few shots that way using the self timer with mirror lockup a while back, trying to see if I could get away using my 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 to get some photos by firelight shooting at 1/10 second and ISO 3200. It's tough trying to time your shots shooting people at 1/10 second using a hand held camera with the mirror flipped up blocking your view using the self timer.

Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:37 AM   #15

Dear Jim,

Only when my lovely 7D will be mounted on any of my tripods collection very safely...always i will use the 2 sec "Self Timer" feature...as always automatically will close the "AS" issue...making possible to obtain maximum quality...as "AS" together with a tripod is NOT allow!.

Last week I make to myself a "Gift" an a "Chest Pod" device fabricated by the German brand Cullmann...look my attached link!

http://www.cullmann-foto.de/en/products/tripods/special/2ttp://www.cullmann-foto.de/en/products/tripods/special/2702_l.htm
http://www.cullmann-foto.de/en/produ...ial/2702_l.htmhttp://www.cullmann-foto.de/en/products/tripods/special/2702_l.htm

Now my dear Jim I want to attach my first test of this lovely "Chest Pod" stabilizing tripod really to me this device help me a lot!

Peace,

http://www.cullmann-foto.de/en/produ...ial/2702_l.htm
Attached Images

Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:42 AM   #16
Administrator

I can still remember the photo you posted of yourself wearing a small table top tripod. :-) I thought that was a neat way to do it, too.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 11:45 PM   #17

JimC wrote:
Quote:
I can still remember the photo you posted of yourself wearing a small table top tripod. :-) I thought that was a neat way to do it, too.
Yes my dear Jim!

Do exactly the same. which less cost; but soon I will post a photo of myself today (Little bit more "Aged"!:G); wearing this newer "Gadget"...

But as I love to collect tripods of ALL kind...this one is added!

Peace,