Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:00 AM   #1

Thought some might like to see some of my results with this great combo...all my shots come out like this...its great (scroll Rt Left for more images)

Maybe somebody could explain how to get my shots in a decent order on this forum

mangizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:14 AM   #2
Administrator

Quote:
Maybe somebody could explain how to get my shots in a decent order on this forum
Try pressing the Enter key between images you insert so that they're not side by side ;-)

I fixed the first post for you.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:17 AM   #3

Great...thanks very much

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Try pressing the Enter key between images you insert so that they're not side by side ;-)

I fixed the first post for you.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:19 AM   #4
Administrator

P.S.

Really nice shots, and it looks like you got some pretty decent Dynamic Range in some of them, too.

How are you liking this combo so far (A200, 16-80 f/3.5-4.5)?

I've got a KM Maxxum 5D and Sony DSLR-A700 now, and I've thought about getting that 16-80mm lens from time to time. I usually use my Minolta 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 as a walk around, and sometimes a little wider angle of view would be nice to have.

Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:24 AM   #5
Administrator

Also, you may want to downsize the images a bit more for posting here. That way, members with monitors set to 1024x768 or lower won't need to scroll right and left to see the text in the posts (or to see the entire image being posted without scrolling).

I'd suggest keeping them at around 640 to 720 pixels wide for posting here.

Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:30 AM   #6

I am delighted with this set up, cant fault it....I bought and returned an A350, I much prefer the A200, its cheaper, has punchier colours....I just prefered it, heres a few more since you seem interested...its really good

JimC wrote:
Quote:
P.S.

Really nice shots, and it looks like you got some pretty decent Dynamic Range in some of them, too.

How are you liking this combo so far (A200, 16-80 f/3.5-4.5)?

I've got a KM Maxxum 5D and Sony DSLR-A700 now, and I've thought about getting that 16-80mm lens from time to time. I usually use my Minolta 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 as a walk around, and sometimes a little wider angle of view would be nice to have.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:32 AM   #7

OK....I get that now...thanks and BTW, that chimney really is bent...its not lens distortion:-)

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Also, you may want to downsize the images a bit more for posting here. That way, members with monitors set to 1024x768 or lower won't need to scroll right and left to see the text in the posts (or to see the entire image being posted without scrolling).

I'd suggest keeping them at around 640 to 720 pixels wide for posting here.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:56 AM   #8
Administrator

mangizmo wrote:
Quote:
I am delighted with this set up, cant fault it....I bought and returned an A350, I much prefer the A200, its cheaper, has punchier colours....I just prefered it, heres a few more since you seem interested...its really good
Yep... the A350 is probably going to be a hot seller, because most consumers think that higher resolution = higher quality.

But, from samples I've seen so far, stuffing 14 Million photosites into an APS-C size sensor is pushing the limits a bit too much.

I think I'd prefer the A200 or A300 with their 10MP sensor if choosing between them (and I'd probably stick to the A200 to get the larger viewfinder, which I'd personally value more than Live View).

Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:29 AM   #9

Well I do really like the live view...and on the A350 it was brilliant, but it does add complexity to the camera, and most of the time I just dont need itand TBH one of the great things about the A200 is its a kind of bare bones no nonsense camera...no ginmmiks, I also used to use camera armor on my A100, so I am not sure how that would work eith a tilting LCD

So as I hope I have shown, the A200 image quality is really top notch....must be every bit as good as anything else, and the high ISO shots are clean too....really didnt like the A350 IQ though...but I agree...it probably will sell more

JimC wrote:
Quote:
mangizmo wrote:
Quote:
Yep... the A350 is probably going to be a hot seller, because most consumers think that higher resolution = higher quality.

But, from samples I've seen so far, stuffing 14 Million photosites into an APS-C size sensor is pushing the limits a bit too much.

I think I'd prefer the A200 or A300 with their 10MP sensor if choosing between them (and I'd probably stick to the A200 to get the larger viewfinder, which I'd personally value more than Live View).
Old Apr 2, 2008, 6:35 PM   #10

Mangizmo,

I bought an A200 and had been planning on swapping it for the A350, but decided against it just as you did. I was planning on investing the money saved in more lenses, like a sigma 70-300mm. Though, after seeing your pictures I am strongly considering a CZ, the vivid colors have really made a lasting impression on me.

Thanks for sharingyour pics! Great review of the lens @ http://www.photoclubalpha.com/1680/1680.html
djand is offline   Reply With Quote