Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Apr 30, 2008, 11:08 AM   #11
Administrator

It just started showing up on their web site. So, they may not have distributed them to stores yet. I'd check back periodically, since I suspect they'll probably carry it in the stores, too. This is a new model, and it just started showing up on web sites like http://www.bhphotovideo.com and http://www.circuitcity.com

So, it will take a bit of time before you see it on more store shelves. ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 3:33 PM   #12

Wouldn't you know?
I looked at Best Buy and it indicated that the a-350 and a-200 were in the store.
I went to look and they had 0 (nada) Sony DSLR cameras.

Circuit City was right across the street, so I stopped in and bingo. They now have the a-300

With a limited look on the end of a cable, :|it looked pretty good. One nice feature if it works decently is the built in 1.4 or 2.0 teleconverter. Would be nice to know before hand how well that feature works, and how accurate it is.
I wish it worked thru the view finder but you have to be viewing thru the LCD to use it.

Come on Mr. Jim sir, give us a brief review, maybe just the upgrades/differences from the a-200. Please :G
Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 9:46 PM   #13

I found an A-300 body only on line for $522.00 at Broadway photo.
Has anyone used them ??
Sounds suspisous to me.

Old May 1, 2008, 11:29 PM   #14
Administrator

If a price looks too good to be true....

Read the customer reviews about them starting on this page (scroll down and you'll see them):

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Broadway_Photo

Suggested Reading:

How to buy a Digital Camera without being robbed

Old May 9, 2008, 10:44 AM   #15

The battle is over.
I found an A-700, last one, open box at my local best buy for $839.00. It is now mine.
Lots of new features to learn but so far WOW

Infared night focus (like my old Maxxum) wireless remote, 5 fps, much faster focus, higher ISO, 1/8000 shutter speed. Last but not least. Super pictures and higher 12.2 mp, 3" significantly higher res LCD.

I can do without that live view for awhile.

I have already upgrade to v3 so won't appreciate the improvement some of you have mentioned in other threads.
Old May 9, 2008, 12:18 PM   #16
Administrator

Don't forget the better viewfinder, improved Autofocus sensor assembly, faster internal processing with great algorithms that include lots of flexiblity for Dynamic Range enhancement, faster write speeds to the latest 266x and 300x UDMA compliant memory cards and more. ;-)

Great choice. Congrats!

Old May 9, 2008, 3:25 PM   #17

One thing I forgot to mention was that the open box was missing the battery charger. The battery was in the camera.

I tried using the charger from my A-100 and it worked. Is there any harm in using this charger for the A-700?

The A-100 battery will not fit in the A-700.
Old May 9, 2008, 3:55 PM   #18
Administrator

I don't know. I doubt it would harm it if it seems to work OK (since the voltage is probably the same), but I don't know for sure. I think I remember reading somwhere that the battery may work the other way around (newer one used by the A700 might be compabitible with the older A100, even though the older one won't work with the newer model). But, I don't know for sure about the battery or the charger.

Old May 22, 2008, 3:37 PM   #19

I am using the A700 battery on my Alpha 100, not sure if the older NP-FM55H wil work on the 700. At stores they do not list them as add on below the alpha 700...
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote