Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 18, 2008, 1:10 PM   #1

I'm not a Minolta user, but while looking through craigslist, I found a Minolta 3000i, AF50, AF70-210, minolta lenses, and wondered if they would work on the current digital KM or Sony bodies. BTW, I have a nikon, so I am posting in this forum for the first time. Anyway, I can purchase all this for $125. Aren't the lenses worth more than that alone? Thanks, Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2008, 1:26 PM   #2
Administrator

Yes, lenses that work on the Maxxum (a.k.a., Dynax) 3000i will also work on a KM or Sony dSLR model.

The value of the 70-210mm would depend on which one. The Beercan (70-210mm f/4) is the most desirable. The lenses 70-210mm lenses that are down to f/5.6 on their long end (70-210mm f/4.5.-5.6) are not worth much and are best avoided on a dSLR for good quality.

The 50mm is probably a 50mm f/1.4 or f/1.7 (unless it's a 50mm f/2.8 Macro). These are all good (any even the cheaper f/1.7 is probably worth close to what the package price is if it's in great shape).

To get a better feel for what a vendor is selling these types of lenses for, go to http://www.keh.com and look at the Camera Store under 35mm (not digital), Minolta Autofocus and you'll see choices for zoom lenses, etc. They usually have these lenses in stock.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 1:33 PM   #3

Thanks JimC, for your rapid response. I will check to see which lenses these are. I have been toying with the idea of "upgrading to a Sony camera, since I don't have much of an investment in Nikon, except for my SB600 flash unit. If these lenses are the "real deal" I might be pursuaded to jump ship and go to Sony. Thanks again. Robert
Old May 18, 2008, 1:46 PM   #4

JimC, I just checked at KEH, and found they did not have a beercan listed, but the variable aperture models all sold for $50+-. The 50mm, though, went for 200+ for all but one which was not fast at all, f3.5 I think. Decisions...