Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Aug 29, 2008, 3:57 PM   #11
Administrator

See this thread and you'll find a link to the site with user reported trigger voltages:

Trigger Voltage Limits with Modern Digital Cameras

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 6:35 PM   #12

I see B&H has an adapter with voltage protection and a pc terminal for about what I paid for the used Minolta FS1100. I think I'll contact B&H and see if I can cancel the current order since it hasn't been shipped yet and orderthe "pearstone" brand adapter.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 7:57 PM   #13
Administrator

I haven't noticed that one before.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Adapter.html

It looks like it's probably the same adapter as this one (the images appear to be identical). It's not uncommon to see the same adapters sold under multiple brand names.

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/produc...275&page=1

Old Aug 30, 2008, 7:25 AM   #14

Probably the same device. Cheaper than B&H but I could'nt find out what the shipping charge would be unless I registered. Have you bought from gadgetinfinity.com before? I noticed a delivery time of up to 3 weeks. I could have the item from B&H in a few days but at greater expense. If I can get my current order from B&H for the Minolta item canceled on Sunday and get my credit card credited I think I will go with B&H for this other adapter.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 7:41 AM   #15
Administrator

Yes. They are a reputable vendor. They also sell on Ebay. Note the 99.9% positive feedback, with over 51,000 transactions since 2003.

http://myworld.ebay.com/gadgetinfinity/

Typical delivery takes around 10 days (they're in Hong Kong), or that's what it took the last time I got something from there.

Old Aug 30, 2008, 7:56 AM   #16
Administrator

Here are their Ebay listings for them. Standard shipping to the U.S. is $5 (but, they have faster options available for more that you can see if you click on one of the listings). Of course, then you'd be spending more than you would from B&H after you add in the higher cost shipping. lol

Search for 4-pin hotshoe adapter from gadget infinity on ebay

Old Aug 30, 2008, 8:42 PM   #17

After rummaging thorugh my "stuff" I came across a Minolta "oc1100" off camera cordwhich has the 4pin connection for the hot shoe and a 4 pin screw on connection on the flash side. It just so happens thet the Minolta 4000AF has the same 4 pin plug as the cord. I connected the two together and it worked!! The TTL isn't working but the flash zoom is (not that I need it) and the flash fires when the shutter is tripped thereby triggering my studio flash. I just set the 4000AF at it's lowest power hooked it to the light stand with an adapter pointed it up toward the ceilingand it worked perfectly. In the old days you had to use a light meter and a poloroid back to see if you had the right exposure and light direction, not anymore, Nowadays with digital just check it out on playback, great.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 8:53 PM   #18
Administrator

Great. I'm glad you found a way to trigger them without needing to spend anything.

I'll keep your solution in mind the next time someone is trying to trigger studio strobes (since it's not uncommon to see forum members that have owned Minolta gear for years before migrating to KM or Sony dSLR models).