Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 27, 2008, 1:06 AM   #1

i came across these 2 similar glass screed protectors, and i was wondering which one should i get;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

or

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...nal_Glass.html

or a different one to prefer...

flipinflopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2008, 8:56 PM   #2

I have always picked up the ones made by Konica and Sony and replaced as needed. Anything you can put on your display screen to protect it is a plus. I could be wrong but, I think the only camera out today that has a sapphire lens over the display is the Leica M 8-2. Protect your display no matter what. Nasty scratches are a huge eye sore!!:evil:

AJ
AJ Gressette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:13 PM   #3

I got Sony's LCD protector for my A-700 shortly after purchase and am surely glad I did. It protects great, doesn't smudge nearly as easy, and gives the protection you need.
Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 2:07 PM   #4

i got the hard plastic lcd cover for my a300 at amazon. except that dirt tends to get underneath the cover, it works great.

ellen fl
ellenfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2008, 5:23 PM   #5

i cant find the hard plastic screen protector for my a100
flipinflopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2008, 5:59 AM   #6

I would suggest invisibleSHIELD. I've been using invisibleSHIELD for my iPod, iPhone, MacBook Pro and PSP. I just ordered one for the alpha 350.
antony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:34 PM   #7

I am waiting for the Giottos AEGIS screen protectors for Sony Alphas to become available. I noticed on Giottos website that they now have a glass screen protector available for every Sony Alpha model. However I have yet to find anywhere in the States to purchase one for my A300. I contacted Giottos directly a couple months back and was given the name of distributor here in USA. Gave them a call to ask about availability and was given answer that basically the Sony cameras where not popular enough, sold in high enough quantities for them to warrant importing any screen protectors at this time. Wonder how many units Sony needs to sell before thedistibutor will import some. Also if Giottos is going to the trouble to makeand show the screen protectorson their website they must feel that there is enough demand.

Maybe if enough people contact HP Marketing Corp, and start asking about availability they may decide to import some of these very nice, high quality screen protectors for sale in USA. There is contact information on the HP Marketing Corp and Giottoswebsite. I will post response from distibutor to new inquiry I made today when/ifI hear back from them.
TimothyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 9:29 AM   #8

I noticed on Ebay that thereare severalknockoff Giottos LCD screen protectors available for Sony Alpha cameras. They have GGS brand name andappear to be copies of the Giottos but I suspect with lower quality glass and plastic instead of a metal frame.Though for the price it appears to be a good alternative to the Sony protector.

flipinflopin, If you are still looking for screen protector the Giottos is available for the Alpha 100. I highly recommend.

Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:22 AM   #9

I just noticed that B&H Photo is taking orders for the Giottos LCD screen protector for the Sony Alpha 700. That is good news. Hopefullyowners of the other Alpha models won't have to wait much longer.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:58 AM   #10

Adorama has the Giottos screen protector in stock for the A700.