Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:43 AM   #1

maybe im just been plain stupid or maybe not!!!!!!

i was taking some photos last night at a concert all going great .

then all of a sudden my camera decided it wasnt going to take pics anymore .It seemed to keep locking out didnt matter how many times i pressed the button to take the pic it wouldnt let me,

(i did change some settings later into the concertas the lighting wasnt that good ).

was it the focus was set wrong or something like that ? as quite a newbie to dslr world i wasnt sure what was going on . All i know i was getting effed off with it.

the camera is a sony a200 and last night was using my sigma 90mm F2.8.(tried with the limiter on and set to off)

it has done this beforeand not in low light situations ..

any help will be appreciated

thanks ...Martin

linearamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:57 AM   #2
Administrator

Are you half pressing the shutter button and waiting for a steady green focus lock in your viewfinder before pressing the shutter button the rest of the way down? If you are just pressing it down and releasing it, you may not be giving it time to lock focus in lower light, especially if you don't have your focus point on a subject with some light and contrast (versus a darker, unlit portion of the stage)

What focus mode are you trying to use? Center is more reliable in low light.

Also, try remounting your lens. You may some oxidation on the contacts (lens or camera mount), and not getting a good electrical connection to the lens.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 8:45 PM   #3

linearamp wrote:
Quote:
i was taking some photos last night at a concert all going great .

then all of a sudden my camera decided it wasnt going to take pics anymore .It seemed to keep locking out didnt matter how many times i pressed the button to take the pic it wouldnt let me,
A bit late to this topic, but still.

I was just reading Gary Friedman's ebook, and I believe the problem is the Priority Setup. I am guessing that you had your camera on "Autofocus Priority (AF)". In situations where the camera is not clever enough to focus (or believe it's focused), you can change the setting to "Release Priority (Release)".

Hope this helps.
antony is offline   Reply With Quote